HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

NATALIE4514
on 1/3/10 2:28 am - HARTWELL, GA
 am 5 years post op and my start weight was 387 and i am now down to 145. I had to have a revision last week due to an outlet obstruction and everything I ate or drunk came right back up, now I am at a point that I am keeping down a few liquids but still no solids, I had my revising last week should I be concerned or is this normal. I have lost way too much weight and I don't want to lose any more!!!!
PekinSal
on 1/3/10 4:52 am - UK
Hi Natalie

The best advice would come from the surgeon who did your revision -, so you should ring him/her and see what is advised.

Did you get any guidance about what you could eat early out at all? Sometimes surgeons advise you to stick to liquids/mushy food for a while as your insides heal, and this might be the reason.

Best to speak to a professional though.

Hope you get answers

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

slgiff
on 1/3/10 4:12 pm
I have had to have two dialations (edoscopic) since my revision.  The first for a total obstruction (a pill and scar tissue) and the second one to open it up a bit more.  I am much better and it only took about 6 hours time at the hospital (10 minute procedure). 

Good luck! 

Susan
NATALIE4514
on 1/3/10 6:42 pm - HARTWELL, GA

How did you know that you needed it opened up a little bit? What was your symptoms?

slgiff
on 1/4/10 12:47 pm

The first time, I was unable to keep anything down and in the end it was even liquids.  That endoscopy was pretty much an emergency one done the day before Thanksgiving.  I had immediate relief and was able to keep soft and liquids down for a couple of weeks. 

It was time for my normal checkup and the doctor felt I should be able to eat more at a sitting and I was still vomiting too much.   I would eat, for example, 2-3 baby spoons of tuna as my solid protein and wait the normal time before drinking water.  I would still throw up a lot of the time.  Or I would have to wait 2-3 hours before taking liquids. 

So he decided to dialate again.  I have been better, but still think my restriction is more than it should be.  I am not going for another endoscopy though due to insurance change and the last time I had breathing issues when they were trying to wake me up. 

I am just keeping up with protein shakes so I can get in my protein. 

Good luck!!

prosperiti
on 1/12/10 11:48 am - Taylor , MI
Hi Natalie...I agree the best thing to do is check with your surgeon to find out what you should be eating for the first five weeks or so..It sounds to me like you are starting on solids too soon..I am scheduled to have a revision soon, so I am not completely sure, but I don't think you should be on solids your first week . I wonder if it is supposed to be like a virgin surgery (wk-1 clear liq, wk-2 full liq, wk-3 puree, wk-4 soft, and wk-5 back to normal food (solids)...check it out...to be on the safe side , God bless..
Most Active