ICU and sleep apnea???

aqtnsc
on 1/2/10 9:12 am
I have sleep apnea. Does that mean that I will automatically go to ICU after my revision?
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/10 6:07 am - Bayonne, NJ
All of Dr. Greenbaum's patients go to the ICU after a revision. Don't worry, you'll be treated well. They'll transfer you down to bariatrics once things are on the mend, along with the CPAP.
aqtnsc
on 1/3/10 8:19 am
Wow. I definitely wasnt expecting that. Now that I know this then I wont expect my bf to spend the night after surgery and I can make all lodging arrangements.  Now, explaining this to my mom will be hard being that she won't be there with me. What is your name? You always respond to my questions and I'd like to be able to address you by name. I appreciate your responses so much!

Trina
aqtnsc
on 1/3/10 8:28 am, edited 1/3/10 8:32 am
Oh, and I know that I am in great hands with Dr. Greenbaum and I thank God that he has agreed to be my surgeon! I really don't know what I would do without OH and everyone's input.  Again, I appreciate you for always responding to my questions. I debate on many of the questions that I ask; however, I always can count on a response from you or Kerry. No one in my area knows what DS is and when I try to explain all that I know they look at me cross-eyed..lol!
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/10 8:37 am - Bayonne, NJ
Hi Tina,

I'm Adele, and I live up in the northern part of the state. I hope my recent experience will serve to help.

I have a friend across the river in Langhorne, and she had my husband stay with her. I think they would have allowed him to stay the night in the hospital, especially when I was in the bariatric room since it was so large.

Good luck!

Adele
aqtnsc
on 1/3/10 8:49 am
Adele
Before knowing about being in ICU I planned to be in Willingboro on Thursday since I would be required to get testing done at Lourdes the Friday prior to surgery. We would check in to a hotel until Monday morning when I am scheduled for surgery. My bf would stay with me at Lourdes until I was released then we'd go back to the hotel. Now that I know that I will be in ICU we will reserve the hotel for two weekssince he cant stay with me in ICU. I'm so glad that I posted my question and you responded promptly.
Most Active