Dr. Shawn Garber

StacysMom
on 1/20/10 8:02 am, edited 1/20/10 8:05 am
 Ain't that the way it goes!  When you can't attack what I'm saying because you know it's true and you're BUSTED, you attack ME!  

Interesting that when you started shilling for the ROSE procedure, you were speaking about your Dr. Garber as though you had "just" found him and his wonderful new procedure.   You never mention that he as your doctor "all along" and that he had given you a FAILED  Stomaphyx!   You said (and I quote):   " I heard the Rose procedure has better results than the stomaphyx so that is why I chose the ROse even though it was a little more money."  B-U-S-T-E-D!   With your OWN words!

And, as long as you continue to masquerade as a "happy patient" to shill for him, I will continue to BUST you when you do it.   I am 100% correct and you know it! 

What you are doing is UNFAIR AND MISLEADING TO NEWBIES who depend others for accurate information.   SHAME!  SHAME ON YOU!
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/10 8:50 am - San Jose, CA
Here is the ASMBS Position Statement on endosurgical interventions for obesity, including revisions (including the Stomaphyx, ROSE and similar procedures) -- the ASMBS DOESN'T support them outside of a clinical trial setting:

http://www.asmbs.org/Newsite07/resources/emerging_tech_posit ion.pdf

There are currently a number of endoluminal innovations and novel devices and technologies in various stages of development or application to the elective treatment of obesity, including revisional  interventions. Theoretical goals of these therapies include decreasing the invasiveness, risk, and barriers to acceptance of effective treatment for obesity, but these outcomes can not be assumed and must be proven.  Therefore, use of novel technologies should be limited to clinical trials done in  accordance with ethical guidelines of the ASMBS and designed to evaluate the risk and  efficacy of the intervention. Results of appropriate trials should include generation of data for risk utilization associated with the intervention. An intervention undergoing evaluation  should not be judged favorably if risk to benefit ratio is increased over the spectrum of currently accepted surgical procedures [5]. Dramatic reduction in risk may allow for acceptance of interventions which do not provide traditional durable benefits  comparable to currently accepted bariatric procedures [6].

~~~~~

Patients must be educated with honestand informed consent about the procedures to be used including any lack of knowledge relating to duration of effectiveness.

~~~~~~~~~~
If you are considering a revisional procedure, you should consider one which has PROVEN durable results -- such as the DS.

Most Active