Dr. Shawn Garber

aprilrgreer
on 1/1/10 9:41 am - springfield, MO
Can anyone tell me about Dr. Garber and the ROSE over an RNY that is eight years old.  I am in Missouri and would be traviling to NY if this is the way I go.  Any advice would be great thank you all.
(deactivated member)
on 1/1/10 10:48 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Honestly? I haven't seen anyone post good long-term results from ROSE. Most insurance companies won't cover it because of that.
Nannette
on 1/5/10 2:58 am - Toms River, NJ
I had a stomophyx with Dr Garber and it was a waste of time and money -- save your money and your sanity --

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

aprilrgreer
on 1/5/10 5:30 am - springfield, MO
Nannette,  Hi thanks.  I went over and read your bio.  I felt like I was reading about myself for the most part.  I have put on 90 of the 200 originaly taken off after my surgery in 02.  I feel like I am at a dead end.  I too tryed to find a tharapest  They just looked at me and didn't have a clue on eatting disorders unless you are too aniorx(sp?) or barf they dont want to deal with you.  Boy do I feel  lost.   April
jonathan R.
on 1/7/10 12:31 pm - east meadow, ny
 Dr. Garber no longer does the Stomaphyx because it doesn't work and only does the ROSE procedure.  I had amazing results with the ROSE.  You should probably contact him to look into the ROSE.  He made my stoma really tight down to 5 mm.
jonathan R.
on 1/7/10 12:32 pm - east meadow, ny
 Dr. Garber offers both the ROSE procedure and banding over bypass.  I have heard good results with both at his support group meetings from his post-op patients.  He supposedly has one of the largest experiences with revision in the US.
StacysMom
on 1/7/10 1:48 pm, edited 1/7/10 1:53 pm
 You neglected to say when you had the ROSE procedure nor how much weight you have lost and kept off with it.   Many people reported about BOTH the Rose and Stomaphyx procedures back in 2008.   They were all very excited about their initial weight loss, which was primarily based on the pre and post diets they had to be on.   Every one of them reported that they gained the weight back and regretted wasting time with the procedures.

The only difference between the ROSE and Stomaphyx according to their reports was the type of mechanism used to make the pouch and stoma smaller.   The method of fastening was different, but the technique was the same.  Some folks reported  that their surgeons' particular technique was more "aggressive" and would therefore be more successful than the others.  It wasn't.

If you recently had this procedure, I'm sure everyone on there will join me in wishing you luck with it - maybe you will be the ONE for whom this is successful at a few years out.  

Even the most recent posters here who were "cheerleading" this procedure and were disheartened to find out others' negative experiences with it, have disappeared and not come on to report their results.  If they were successful with it, I would imagine they would be shouting it from the rooftops!

NEWS FLASH!!!

Here is a link to your old post from 2007, Jonathan, where you say that Dr. Shawn Garber did you STOMAPHYX procedure:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3346145/StomaphyX-Questi on/#25987315 

and, 

here is a link from a few months ago in 2009, where, you, Jonathan, say that you  have had the very same Dr. Garber give you the ROSE Procedure:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4094783/I-would-like-to-talk-to-anyone-who-has-had-the-ROSE/#33388624

THE ONE COMMONALITY IN ALL OF YOUR POSTINGS IS THAT YOU MENTION, YOUR ILLUSTRIOUS DOCTOR GARBER IN ALL OF THEM!  FIRST PROMOTING HIS STOMAPHYX AND SAYING THAT HE GAVE IT TO YOU AND THEN SAYING THAT HE SAYS IT "DOESN'T WORK" AND THEN, YOU SOMEHOW GOT THE ROSE PROCEDURE TOO!    INTERESTING!

Here is a link to ALL of your posts on this forum so that everyone can see what I am talking about!

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/board_id,5360/user_id,32 933/a,messageboard/action,memberPosts/

Just come clean and admit that you are an office advocate of Dr. Shawn Garber - or just SHUT UP already!   

jonathan R.
on 1/10/10 3:13 am - east meadow, ny
 I did have the stomaphyx procedure and it did not work and then had the ROSE procedure which worked great.  You shouldn't make such accusations.
StacysMom
on 1/12/10 3:09 pm
"I did have the stomaphyx procedure and it did not work"

Well,  if what you say, above, is true, then WHY O' WHY did you come onto these boards and push this procedure as being so successful for you in 2007?    You were encouraging any and all revision patients to check out your wonderful Dr. Garber for this Stomaphyx procedure, which you raved was so successful for you! 

Here is a quote from October of 2007 where you talk about how only three  months after the Stomaphyx, you have already lost a whopping 45 lbs!:

"
Topic: RE: Revisions for Canadian/Ontario Patients?

You should look into the stomaphyx procedure.  It worked amazing for me.  I already lost 45 pounds.  I had had it done by Dr. Garber in NY.  The cash price is $8800 but my insurance covered the procedure."

But, by August of 2008, you were saying that you were looking into the RESTORE procedure with *guess who?* ... Dr. Garber!   Then, a couple of months later, you were looking into the ROSE procedure with, what do you know (?), the same doctor again!!    And, golly, gee whiz - you never mention that you already had a failed Stomaphyx procedure when you were promoting Dr. Garber and these other procedures.  You sounded like a person who was so excited about finding the *wonderful* Dr. Garber and his revolutionary new procedure.  

Here is another quote from one of your posts in 2008 where you say that you "chose" the Rose OVER having the Stomaphyx (which you now say that you had done first) - or did you not think any of us could READ???

I am having Dr. Shawn Garber in NY do the procedure for me.  He is one of the most experienced with these endoscopic revisions.  Has done more than a 100.  I heard the Rose procedure has better results than the stomaphyx so that is why I chose the ROse even though it was a little more money.
"

Here a link to YOUR original post on OH where you say this:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3720278/ROSE/#29591255

And, now you're saying that your Dr. Garber did the Stomaphyx FiRST and when  it didn't work you got the ROSE procedure?  

You  are knee-deep in B.S. - I'd quit while I was ahead, if I were you.   Your credibility is shot!

jonathan R.
on 1/16/10 12:11 am - east meadow, ny
 You really must have no life to analyze all of my posts.  I had stomaphyx and it worked great at first and then I gained back weight and then had ROSE procedure which worked great and have now kept off the weight.  You should really find something better to do with your life then attack me for no good reason.
Most Active