Need revision.

nay_nay45
on 12/31/09 10:30 pm - Wilson, NC
I need a revision RNY but I am not sure of the best surgery,l initially lost 90 lbs. after having RNY in March 2003. I have gained 50 lbs.  I was lookin at the lapband. Is there anyone here who has gone through this. I know it is my decision but I just need some input. 
Missi033
on 1/1/10 12:26 am
eesh... talk to your surgeon about stomaphyx-  stay away from Lap Band until you talk to your surgeon.....  putting that band over any current surgery probably isn't a good idea unlesss your doc thinks so.... I had VBG in 2001-  lost 100 lobs.....  then a different surgeon slapped a lap band over it.... HUGE MISTAKE... here came the GERD and constant vomiting....  just speak to your dr. first.....  I  know it's different for everyone...  good luck!  I was just revised off the lap and VBG to  RNY...  just got out of the hosp yesterda, but doing well so far!  good luck to you!
ginau
on 1/1/10 1:37 am - mesa, AZ
Hi Nay-nay

I understand your pain.  and have walked in your shoes .. If I can make a few  suggestions.

1. read other peoples stories- everyone has a differant issue/ problem and solution
2. take the advice on this board with a grain of salt - your going to hear  some very negative  stuff 
3. research more than one option - there are many 
4. look into counseling - what is the reason for your weight regain ? is it mechainical , mental, behavioral?
5. prepare yourself mentally & physically 

you have a lot of options available to you, do your research, and make sure to really understand those options. 

Good Luck   

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

aprilrgreer
on 1/1/10 6:10 am - springfield, MO
Hi,  It sounds like we might be at the same place. I too am looking into options please let me know what yho find out.   Thanks for any input.
Most Active