Looking for Surgeon expereinced in RNY-to-DS revision

Kerry J.
on 1/2/10 3:31 am - Santa Clara, UT
Tracy,

You may want to post this over on the DS Forum board, someone over there may know what to do next or where to go.

Kerry
JRinAZ
on 1/5/10 1:57 am - Layton, UT
On January 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM Pacific Time, Kerry J. wrote:
I sure hope Gagner is going to settle down and start a regular practice; he's been flitting around the globe for about a year now.

I agree that he's an excellent cutter, but I'm not impressed with his after care for his patients. He may well be a good a cutter as Rabkin, Keshishian and Greenbaum, but he no where near as good a surgeon to go to to make sure you get what you need after the cutting is done. The cutting is the easy part, the rest of your life is where the rubber really hits the road and Gagner needs to get his crap together before I would consider him to be in the same class as Rabkin, Keshisian and Greenbaum. 

Kerry

Kerry,
I just had the most exciting phone call with Dr. Keshishian.  I feel hopeful for the first time in a long time!  I missed a call from him last night and he called again this morning!  VERY impressive!  He recommended Dr. Rabkin which also impressed me BUT Dr. K has been recommended by so many that I feel I'd like to continue with him.  And....everything he told me over the phone felt soooo right!!! 

Just wondering how you decided on Dr. Rabkin?  Since my "fix" will be a revision of a revision (Erny to DS) then I need to go with the very best and give myself a better chance of having this be the LAST revision ever! (not even sure anyone will consider me and my messed up body).

I'm hoping for a consultation sometime this month to get the ball rolling for 2010!

Thx!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Kerry J.
on 1/5/10 2:38 am - Santa Clara, UT
I'm so happy for you Joyce, Dr. K is awesome; he will take very good care of you.

It was sort of an odd thing that happened to me with DR. K when I was trying to decide on a surgeon. I had narrowed my choices down to Anthone, Rabkin and Keshishian after going through quite a few DS and pretend DS surgeons. I spoke to Dr. Anthone for almost an hour about my case and I would have been comfortable with him, but he was a little hesitant to say that he was sure he could give me the full DS and that bothered me. I had spoken to Dr. K's office and filled out their paperwork, but never got a call back. Then I spoke to Dr Rabkin and we hit it off instantly; he and I are both pilots and we had a lot in common. The real deal sealer was that he wasn't at all worried about being able to revise me to a full DS, he said it was just a matter of taking the time to get it done right. He also had an opening in 10 days when I spoke to him, so I jumped on it.

I never did get a call from Dr. K and I have no idea what happened, but I assume it was just some problem in his office staff. Interestingly; Debbie M had the exact same thing happen to her, only it was Rabkin's office that dropped the ball...Go figure.

IMO either Rabkin or Keshishian would be great; I really like Rabkin and his office staff; I've had very good results and service from everyone there; but I also know a number of people who have the same type of experience with Dr. K and they all sing his praises.

I'm sure either Dr. K or Dr. R could get you fixed up, they're both so good at what they do, it's most impressive. And I really doubt you're more messed up than I was, I had so much scar tissue from when my stomach was torn open, it caused the need for a second surgery; I was under for a total of 13 hours. That's how long it took to get everything straightened out on me. The thing I really like about these two surgeons is that they will hang in there until you're fixed right, there's no quitting until everything is done just right. 

I'm so relieved Joyce that you're getting some help from the best; it makes me very happy to hear it.

Kerry
kitkat24
on 1/2/10 9:53 am
WOW Wow, WOW............

1998?  DS in 1998?  And a revision no less?

Amazing, and you look awesome!!!

:)

Kathy

Body by God; alterations by Buchwald.  I love Jesus.  I so so so appreciate my DS.

Renfairewench
on 1/2/10 10:18 am
I had an RNY in 1999 and revised to a DS in August. I would recommend Dr. David Greenbaum in Willingboro, NJ. He's done quite a few revisions and is well experienced in it.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

ricki
on 1/4/10 7:47 am
Dr Husted in KY was my revision surgeon, along with Dr. R. Rabkin (now retired)
Most Active