Waiting for insurance for revision

renegadebkr
on 12/31/09 12:08 am - Waldorf, MD
I am suppose to have my removal/revision done on Monday the 4th as an emergency measure because my port has rejected and coming through the skin. The problem is the holiday and so far I have been told that my scheduled surgery on the 4th could be cancelled because of the insurance company not looking at the clinicals until they come back from vacation on the 4th. My question is if I get run over by a car do I have to wait for approval for treatment. The insurance company (MD-IPA) have had the clinicals since the 14th of Dec. But they said my policy doesn't renew til the 1st of Jan. Aren't I protected 365 days a year for what I am paying for on the health insurance? I have been with them for over 20 years and I wasn't changing insurance companies anyway. The first surgery I put in for was the VSG they denied it 3 times after I told them I was a firefighter and that the band would not be feasible for me with having to craw around on my belly in fires sometimes. They still denied it. Now hopefully they will pay for it since my surgeon told me that they have just started paying for the sleeve, but this is a removal of the lapband and revision to the sleeve because the band failed me. I lost 57 pounds with the band and then no matter what I did the weightloss did not go any further it stopped. I have since gained 12 pounds back because the band is also leaking. On the 5th of Dec. it had 8cc's in it and when they checked it on the 11th it only had 4 cc's in it. I didn't want the damn lapband in the first place but I had to take what they paid for in their voice. So what can I do to push this thing through.
Dusty Cassidy   " It's not a real adventure unless you come home with a scar "                    
Current weight  219.0 Lbs   My  Ideal weight  188   I love my sleeve 

pycca
on 1/1/10 1:46 am - Haslet, TX
I had a band put in 2005, lost a total of 36 lbs, but did so well in the protein and diet part, killed gallbladder.

The surgeon *****moved it, was not a wls, and damaged the tubing, it has leaked for almost a year!

I do reccomend you go to a GOOD Revision surgeon, who does all 4 surgeries!!  Band, Rny, VSG, and DS !!   They are few and far, but worth the skill!  They can help you to find the best one and are better at getting qualified as a failed band to revise.

As much as I loved my original DR, he only did revisions to rny or vsg,,,, I wanted a working normal function stomach so had to find a revision one good in all surgeries,,,,skill level counts!!

Good luck!!

Most Active