Dr. Greenbaum patients..psychological and nutritional evals??

aqtnsc
on 12/29/09 8:36 am

How many psychology and nutrition appts did you have before you received clearance for DS surgery? There are not many psychologists and nutritionists in my area that are familiar with revisions or the DS. June from Dr. Greenbaum's office  told me to choose those professionals that had a general idea of weight loss surgery. I'm concerned about making after care appointments with a nutritionist that is unfamiliar with the DS. After DS, has any of you (from out of state) consulted with Dr. Greenbaum's nutritionist via telephone? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/09 9:01 pm - Bayonne, NJ
He requires whatever your insurance requires. If they don't require it, he won't make you go. I already see the world's best therapist, so talked to me about it at one of my sessions and I gave her the original psych report done for my RNY in 2003. She's a lot more open to surgery than most docs, and was totally on board.

I saw a dietician 3x, but that was mostly because she's in-network, it looks good to BCBS, and they will cover 3 visits a year.The nutritionist is local to me, not Dr. Greenbaum, and she is familiar with all types of WLS. She gave me great protein and vitamin recommendations.
aqtnsc
on 12/30/09 4:27 am
Thank you for your response!
Renfairewench
on 1/2/10 10:27 am
I had one nutritionist appointment. I met with the nutritionist that comes to his office. She doesn't really know much about DS and so much of what she talked about was really applicable to RNY. Most of what I know that I should and should not eat has come from the DS forum.

As for the psychology appointment I met once with a therapist who my husband and I had gone to for a little bit of time. She knew nothing about DS so I spent a large part of our appointment schooling her in what was going to happen to me. (I had an RNY to DS revision).

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

aqtnsc
on 1/2/10 9:23 pm
Thank you for your response! Most of what I know I've researched on OH and ds facts. I'v e also learned so much from OH members which is great.
Most Active