sleeve revision not done???????

FabBy50 .
on 12/28/09 9:54 am - Everett, WA
How many people have actually been scheduled for a band to sleeve revision and then they got there and they took the band out but no revision?????? I'm scheduled for a revision on Wednesday and they just reminded me that this could happen...UGH. I can't afford a 3rd surgery in 9 months. I guess I should not worry till I have something to worry about, but you know us women!!
Ara Keshishian
on 12/28/09 2:36 pm - Glendale, CA
 Hello,
It is always a possibility, but very rare. Unless you have a necrotic stomach, or a completely eroded band, a Sleeve gastrectomy can be done. I am assuming that studies have been done to rule both of these out. 

Hope this helps.

Ara
 Ara Keshishian, MD, FACS, FASMBS
[email protected]
www.dssurgery.com

FabBy50 .
on 12/28/09 2:52 pm - Everett, WA
Thank you for your reply, that does help. I have had alot of tests done and the only problems they can tentatively  say is that I tore my port away from the wall. I guess I will find out Wednesday.
Thanks again, Bernadette

marcie K.
on 12/29/09 8:47 am - Sahuarita, AZ

I was told it could happen too but in the revisions my revision surgeon has done he has always been able to do it in one surgery.  I just had mine last monday and it was not too bad;  the only problem I had was major naseau.  Just wondering why you are revising?  I see you got your band at about the same time I did and wonder why you decided to revise too?

Ms Shell
on 1/5/10 2:34 am - Hawthorne, CA
Just wanted to check in on you and see how surgery went?

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

FabBy50 .
on 1/5/10 2:54 am - Everett, WA
On January 5, 2010 at 10:34 AM Pacific Time, Ms Shell wrote:
Just wanted to check in on you and see how surgery went?
Hi Ms Shell

Thanks for checking in on me, yes I got my revision done. It was pretty bad though. I was in surgery for 4 hours!!! My band had caused a lot of damage and the stomach had grown around the band. It had to be taken out in pieces because they could not get a good grip on it. So needless to say, the first 2 days were horrible. I have had 15 surgeries, some very major and this one hurt the most. But now 6 days post op I feel like I could take on the world!!! Yeah I'm a sleeve sister!!

Bernadette
Ms Shell
on 1/5/10 3:18 am - Hawthorne, CA
Congratulations Bernadette and just to tell you I have a dear friend Band to Sleeve revision with the SAME story her surgery took 5+ hours.  God bless these talented surgeons.  She's gone one to do wonderfully and 1 year after her revision she's at goal!!

If you feel this good then I'm here to tell you everyday gets a little better.  There are quite a few band to sleeve revisions that post directly on the VSG forum so please if you haven't done so join us overthere if you ever have any questions.

Continued healing.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

FabBy50 .
on 1/5/10 3:29 am - Everett, WA
On January 5, 2010 at 11:18 AM Pacific Time, Ms Shell wrote:
Congratulations Bernadette and just to tell you I have a dear friend Band to Sleeve revision with the SAME story her surgery took 5+ hours.  God bless these talented surgeons.  She's gone one to do wonderfully and 1 year after her revision she's at goal!!

If you feel this good then I'm here to tell you everyday gets a little better.  There are quite a few band to sleeve revisions that post directly on the VSG forum so please if you haven't done so join us overthere if you ever have any questions.

Continued healing.

Ms Shell
Hi again

Wow your friend must have had a messed up band too! I really dislike anything to do with the band now. So many not so good memories about it. Oh well it is behind me and never to be worried about again.

Having had the band I did lose 50lbs but still did not get to my goal. I still have 30 lbs I would really like to lose. I have added 10lbs onto my goal, I just figure with the sleeve I will have a better chance at getting there.

Yes I post on the VSG forum too, I like it there also.
Bernadette
Most Active