FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aqtnsc
on 12/22/09 5:32 am
WLS Seminar with Dr. Elariny (check), Hotel reservations made and paid (check), Consultation with Dr. Elariny scheduled (check)...............before I went through all of this I confirmed with two people in his office that Medicare was accepted; well lo and behold, Tessy on the VA board, suggested that I look in to the insurance that Dr. Elariny accepts being that most insurances are not accepted because of the way that he bills. Wouldn't you know it, the same man that confirmed Medicare acceptance a few months ago, flatly told me that Dr. Elariny does not accept Medicare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Next on the list Dr. Greenbaum in Willingsboro, NJ...now I'm in a mad dash to get things prepared to make the 11 hour drive in nine days to attend his seminar! I confirmed with his office that they do accept Medicare and will be sure to email him tonight to confirm this as well! Wish me luck!
Kerry J.
on 12/22/09 5:59 am - Santa Clara, UT
I think  you're lucky this happened; Dr. Greenbaum is one of the top three or four surgeons in the country, you could hardly do any better than him. I'm not saying anything bad about Dr. Elariny, he's probably a very good surgeon, but Dr. Greenbaum is one of the premier bariatric surgeons in the world.

Kerry 
aqtnsc
on 12/22/09 6:23 am
Hi Kerry,
As always, its great to hear from you! I agree that I am lucky and didnt make the trip to VA for no reason! I was hesitant to go with Dr. Greenbaum at first because of the distance away from home and family; I will be driving to NJ because I refuse to board a plane! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go well and I will indeed have my surgery with Dr. Greenbaum.
Kerry J.
on 12/22/09 6:26 am - Santa Clara, UT
Yea, it is a pain to travel, I know all about it; Dr. Rabkin if 650 miles away from where I live. But in the scheme of things, I'll bet it will be well worth the effort.

Kerry
hillofbeans
on 12/22/09 6:41 am
You'll be in great hands with Dr. G! Good luck.
cassie1298
on 12/22/09 9:27 am
I had my revisional gastric bypass surgery on 11/23/209 with dr greenbaum and he was fantastic...his office staff is right on top of things when it comes to the insurance and approvals....I had no problem, within 2 hours of the official approval his office was calling me at home, cell and work to schedule a date... so far I am down 35 lbs and have an appnt tomorrow with him.....hope your surgery goes well....
aqtnsc
on 12/23/09 12:23 am
Congratulations! You are doing great! Continued success to you!
Most Active