approved today band to vsg for 12/21 eeks!

marcie K.
on 12/14/09 1:41 pm - Sahuarita, AZ

well I got two crazy phone calls today; one from the dr office saying to call back that they heard from insurance.  the second from the hospital to schedule my preop testing..

I'm totally freaking out.  I had decided to just deal with my band and the reflux and worry about everything down the road.  I didn't realize they had submitted to insurance for the revision; but obviously they did and I'm the first approval from uhc for a sleeve at the practice and first insurance revision approval ever!  Not sure what the doc put in that letter but it worked and surgery is scheduled for a week from today!  Totally freaking out and not sure what to do.  I go to meet with the doc tomorrow and will decide then if I'm going to proceed....

Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 12/15/09 7:46 am - Miami, FL
I remember exactly a year ago I was pretty much in your shoes.  The difference being I was aware of my doctor's office submitting claim.  A year out, I have absolutely NO REGRETS!!!  My advice, pray first and know:  If God brought you to it, surely He will bring you through it.

Good luck on your decision!

Sis'ta Thick-Bone from Sunny So. FL
Believing that God's intentions are for us to prosper. (I Corr. 2:9)

jan R.
on 12/15/09 9:47 am - PA
Did my revision on Sept. 30 and it was the best thing I did....I have my band 4 years and it caused me alot of issues the last 6 months...that all I could eat was liquids..and the reflux....oh my!!!  It got unbearable!!!!!
I am a revision to sleeve and things are great...
follow your heart!!
jan
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/09 10:00 pm - AZ
On December 14, 2009 at 9:41 PM Pacific Time, mars817 wrote:

well I got two crazy phone calls today; one from the dr office saying to call back that they heard from insurance.  the second from the hospital to schedule my preop testing..

I'm totally freaking out.  I had decided to just deal with my band and the reflux and worry about everything down the road.  I didn't realize they had submitted to insurance for the revision; but obviously they did and I'm the first approval from uhc for a sleeve at the practice and first insurance revision approval ever!  Not sure what the doc put in that letter but it worked and surgery is scheduled for a week from today!  Totally freaking out and not sure what to do.  I go to meet with the doc tomorrow and will decide then if I'm going to proceed....

Reflux does not get better once it starts with banding.  It can cause Barretts esophagus and that happens right before esophageal cancer.

Revise!  Sleeves are great and maintenance free!  I love mine!

Most Active