More paperwork

Deb S.
on 12/11/09 5:45 pm - Winton, CA
Well I got tired of waiting for a call from the dr. office people and decided to call myself. They indicated they had not received anything back from the insurance yet and it was sent out the 25th of Nov, should take 2wks tops. So I called the insurance co myself and was informed that they sent over a denial to my dr. Dec.3rd.  Basically they told me that in order to have my haital hernia repaired, the dr. needed to fax over a letter stating that he suggested I try prilosec first and that it failed......which he did and it doesn't do squat. So... supposedly they are typing that up and faxing it fri/mon. In the meantime I get my letter of denial in the mail from the insurance co. Well the guy I talked to on the phone was really nice and indicated that once they could get the hernia repair approved, chances are that they would approve the revision alot easier bc they were already going in. Well , in the letter it stated that they did not get anything showing that I had tried a previous diet and failed as well as any co morbidities seeing as how my BMI is only 32. So.... I decided to take it upon myself to go and get copies of all my medical stuff and fax it directly to them. I have copies of a 6 mo trial with a dr. using phentermine before I even went back to my surgeon, I also have copies of a chiro who said I was obese and needed to lose weight to stop the chronic back pain and a dr. I saw after the chiro who said the same thing. So I am hoping this will only strengthen my case to be totally approved. I also threw in there a letter begging lol. Well not really begging but yanno, something a little more human than just copies of medical records. I am hoping that he is right and that once the hernia is approved the rest will be gravy.
We shall see! I sooooooooooo want to get my life back.

smileyjamie72
on 12/14/09 2:54 am - Palmer, AK
Good for you!!!  Glad you faxed all of that, did you call them, to confirm that they, indeed received the fax?

"The lost in space" thing is always SUCH a good excuse for them!!!

Keep your chin up!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Most Active