The band can ALSO be revised to the DS. (And you get to eat and drink at the same time!!)

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/09 8:54 am - Bayonne, NJ
I'm about to have a revision from the RNY to the DS. I had the first surgery in 2003, I lost 160, gained back close to 60. I also have a miserable problem in that my rny surgeon liked to put a prolene mesh band around the top of the stoma, and mine is too tight. Things get stuck, the body produces mucus, and I then lose my lunch. Blech. It's a lot easier to eat meltable carbs than dense protein sources, and I've been miserable. It's caused some major esophageal erosion.

I'm going for the ds because it'll help get off the rest of the weight and I'll be able to eat a more normal, high protein diet. I always did best on an Atkins regimen, so I think this is the right thing fro me.
strawberry28
on 12/14/09 5:01 am, edited 12/14/09 5:02 am - somewhere, MD
Hi,

I need reminders like that.  Today (11 days post-op) I had the worst spell of nausea this morning.  I realized I was so trained to not eat in the morning (because I just couldn't).  My new tummy demands food..not just a protein shake. 

Just finished some ricotta cheese snack...now time to get that protein drink in.

Thanks

Lovin my DS already
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

Most Active