Need Revision need suggestions for which one

BuckeyeSylvia
on 12/23/09 2:54 pm - Small Town, OH
Wow...must be some type of COMPULSIVE behavior on her part...she just did the same thing to me. She must LIKE to respond then block people who don't agree with her. All too sad really. Makes for a very closed  world.

HW/SW/CW/GW    231/225/123/130-125
~Surgeon's Goal of Normal BMI reached at 6 months Post Op~
~Personal Goal Range achieved at less than 10 months Post Op~

BuckeyeSylvia
on 12/21/09 11:00 am - Small Town, OH
Not to jump into the middle of this fine ******g match...but...

Your comparison of dumping to a heart attack is like comparing apples to oranges. And, as a psychologist who sees WAY TOO MANY patients every week, I can tell you with 100% confidence that YES Virgina, there ARE people who LIKE to dump. Very sad, very true. There are also people who like to stick their fingers down their throats to vomit even when their throats are raw from their previous actions. There are also people who like to cut themselves. There are people who like to....well, I think you get the picture.

reenieb
on 12/21/09 8:11 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
I still maintain that these are compulsive behaviors, not actions that people WANT or LIKE to be doing. Have you ever dumped? As a DSer I would suspect not, so how do you know it does not compare to a heart attack? By the way, this is no ******g match from my perspective, that would imply that there are two valid points of view here.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
BuckeyeSylvia
on 12/22/09 11:42 am - Small Town, OH
I have never dumped. I got the DS so I wouldn't dump. My sister in law...well, that's another story. But, I thank her at every family birthday party for showing me what I DIDN'T want in a WLS. Furthermore, I have to ask you...have you ever had a heart attack? Because if not, you've blown your "valid point". However, I can tell you that I HAVE seen both...vividly in real life. And, no...they don't compare. Not even mildly close. Furthermore, you may define this however you wish but again...newsflash...compulsive behaviors are usually enjoyed (or "liked" if you prefer that term). Here's a good example...I was a compulsive eater because I LIKED food and WANTED to eat. I still like food. I still like to eat. I wouldn't have had WLS if food didn't make me fat. I didn't like what the action produced, but I LOVED the action itself. See the analogy?

reenieb
on 12/22/09 7:22 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Yup. Nope.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
woolstitcher
on 12/21/09 9:10 pm - OH

Wow, we have almost the exact same story ... but I only have one child w/ autism.  I'm not sure why it is, but I also have a feeling that we had the same doc.  Dr. J? 
I'm currently looking at having BOB (band over bypass) I think it will work for me, and it's what I hope that I can get my insurance to pay for.

"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
Tzailotte
on 12/31/09 8:00 am
Mary - The Houston office for Erik Wilson will be having a Revision seminar on Jan 6th (next week) at 6:30pm in their 610/Bellaire office .  Call them for details..  7-892-5500.  I'll be there with lots of questions and will look forward to hearing answers for both of us!

Good Luck!

Most Active