Update on ME. Erny done!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/09 2:48 pm
I had a revision on June 19th and am officially down 65 lbs. I'm figuring it out finally.. well what works with my body and what doesn't. I will say although somedays can be a challenge I'm completely happy with my choice.   It was the right choice for me!

Thanks,
Tara
dana712
on 12/4/09 10:06 pm
HI Tara
I am looking into the ERNY . Can you tell me how your eating is now and what you eat. I had my sugery in 2001 got down to 217, got pregant 16 months later,and can not lose the rest. i have 100lbs to lose .
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/09 1:45 am
Well I eat lots of protein.. I eat eggs for breakfast, salads with lots of meat and cheese for lunch, and then a high protein supper. I try to avoid gasy foods and I TRY to stay away from carbs. The carbs give me awful gas and some major pains. I do still eat them but in moderation. I cannot eat any cereal without having bad bad gas. My biggest fault is I am completely addicted to diet pepsi... so I don't get enough water in. My weight loss goes in spurts... I'll love nothing for a week and then 5 lbs. the next.. nothing for two weeks and then down another 5. So I guess I'm doing something right.

I had RNY in 03, had three kids after that and gained about 50-60 lbs. I'm not yet to goal but working on it. 10 more lbs. to my own personal goal. 30 to meet normal body range for someone with my frame. So it's coming along!!

Hope this helps.
mrdoores
on 12/6/09 5:24 am, edited 12/9/09 8:55 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi Tara,
I am also seeking a revision to Distal RNY, I was told thay I may have problems with diarrera, have you had that problem?   How is your Labs, any issues with your vitamins or iron?  Just very interested in other people out come who have had revision. 

Thanks a lot.
Marianna

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 8:12 am

I do have issues with diarrhea but I can control it. Eat right!! The days that I work I really try to eat healthier choices. My days off I tend to slack a little. Well I'm wayyyy past due on my labs and need to get them done. I don't know how they are yet but I'll let everyone know. I'm kinda nervous to find out!!

I'm slacking on me again... It's so easy to put ourselves to the side... I will get my labs done next week.

mrdoores
on 12/9/09 9:06 am - Waldorf, MD
Taras, thanks for the update and answers to my questions.  I made an error when I typed, as I have not had a revision, but I am seeking a revision .  I saw a doctor regarding the DS, which he said he could do, but wanted me to really think about it to be sure and also suggested I wait 2 yrs  before the surgery because I had breast cancer last year. My original surgeon thought about me waiting also, but by the time I get an approval from the insurance co., it will be 2 yrs.  Stop slacking, go get those LABS done.  Keep in touch.
Marianna

JRinAZ
on 12/7/09 12:39 am - Layton, UT
On December 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM Pacific Time, tara_b wrote:
I had a revision on June 19th and am officially down 65 lbs. I'm figuring it out finally.. well what works with my body and what doesn't. I will say although somedays can be a challenge I'm completely happy with my choice.   It was the right choice for me!

Thanks,
Tara

Hi Tara!
Congrats on the weight loss!  I'm glad you're happy with your choice!

My ERny update:  I'm coming up on 2 years post-op from my ERny revision .....  It's been a roller coaster of learning to balance vites, supplements, which carbs make me stink, which carbs trigger my "wanter" and which carbs help my system by providing healthy fiber!  I've found a lot of new "faves" and am finally at the point of learning to "tweak" labs rather than wondering whether I need to jump in a hospital or not!  LOL!  I'm a creature of panick so reading the DS Problems site on yahoo has helped me soooo much.  By being prepared for what "CAN" happen, I am practicing preventive rather than reactive medicine for myself. (Big shout out to www.vitalady.com  Michelle Curan is literaly a lifesaver!!!!)

My latest is the low anemia sooooo.....with insurance issues, am considering a little ride to Mexico for an iron infusion!  I wonder if that's a good idea?  Hmmmmmm?  Anyone?

Anyway......a year ago I was in dangerous territory with my weight and a zillion issues.  This year I am at a low "normal weight" BMI (19 to 20) and pretty much love life!  In fact, there's nothing really wrong with me that a big protein drink, a good nights sleep and a play date with a grand baby won't cure!  LOL!

Kudos to those of us who take our health seriously and are pro-active with making it work!!!

(after reading the latest input on this site, I'm wondering if it's worth my future health to pursue a DS afterall?  .... Not for weight loss but for better possible iron absorption????  Or is it just safer, easier, and less expensive to plan on a lifetime of iron struggles with infusions?)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

randy S.
on 8/15/11 9:18 am - brooklyn, NY
Hi, how are you doing with your revision to erny. I really want to know. Plz answer. I know u havent been on boards for a long time.
Thanx
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 9:21 am - San Jose, CA

Joyce doesn't post very often anymore, so let me answer for her:

Her ERNY SUCKED.  She had it revised to a DS by Keshishian several months ago.

Are you STILL thinking about an ERNY??

randy S.
on 8/15/11 9:34 am - brooklyn, NY
Thanx for posting. I am not doing anything right now except cutting all sugar and salt and eating only w/w carbs. Still stuck at the 245 mark.
My anatomy is very complicated. Not so simple for dr k, g, or roslin.
I just came back from calif. It was long and arduous. I can not imagine doing it with an eight in*****ision in my belly. But thats just me. I know there r tons of women that travel the globe for thier surgeries.
I am not willing to risk my life for this revision.
Honestly if dr g would do it i would do it cuz its cliser to home and my doctors ( who happen to be my brothers) But point is mute so no sense talking about it.
What happened to joyce. Is she okay now? I am sure dr k fixed her right up. He really is awesome. Things are just not always under his control.
Most Active