Today was the day

gigi2897
on 12/2/09 12:41 pm - Deer Park, TX
Hey everyone! I am lying here in my hospital bed and thought I would check in.  My hubby is great and brought my comeuter to me for my stay.  I woke upthis morning and really freaked out and told mom I didn't want to do this anymore so maybe I could just stay home.  She said no way.  When I got here I told Dr. Davis I changed my mind and he reminded me that we have been fighting too hard to get my approval so I couldn't back out now.  I actually went back by 7:45.  I wasn't supposed to head back to the OR until 8:30.  I cried the entire way there and I was shaking so much the nurse thought I was cold.  Juse nerves.  Once I was on the table they got meunder anesthesia and I don't remember anything until I woke uo sort of in recovery. They brought me up to my room long before I was really ready but oh well not the worst thing ever. I was so nauseated I cried for hours and everyone was tryingto help but nothing did.  I am still pretty nauseated but I am trying not to think about it too much.  Anyway since I slept all day I am afraid I won't be able to sleep tonight.  I hope the nausea goes away and despite all the yuckyness of the day for my I am relieved it is done!!  Can't wait to get on here and learn more about the RNY.(I had a revision today from Lapband to RNY)

Sha31
on 12/2/09 9:50 pm - Riverview, FL

I hope everything went well. I am in the process of a revision from Lapband to RNY. I am trying to get approval from my insurance.  What was your reason for needing the revision?

Sharon Hughes

gigi2897
on 12/3/09 5:29 am - Deer Park, TX
I had to have a revision because my body was rejecting the port.  IT was causing me a great deal of pain on a regula basis so I was in and out of the doctors office.  WE thought it was my gallbladder first so they removed that and I did have 30 stones so then we decided it was the port and the doctor did a port revision when that didn't help he decided the band needed to go and even though I had lost 100 pounds I didn't want to gain it all back so we decided to do the bypass.  I am happy with my decision now but yesterday morning and pretty much all day yesterday I was thinking what in the world did I just do to myself!!!  Best of luck to you!

baeshjing
on 12/5/09 8:06 am
HI GIGI, I am having arevision also by Dr. Garth on Tuesday Dec 8th, and my question to you is do you know if he did the distal or the proximal and if so do you get to choose which one? Thanking you in advance for your time.
gigi2897
on 12/5/09 9:00 am - Deer Park, TX
I have no idea which one he did.  I am just happy to have it over with. He is a great surgeon so you will be in the best hands!!  Best wishes to you!

angibug
on 12/5/09 10:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
Glad you posted about your surgery. I am having my revision done on Friday the 11th from lapband to RNY also. I am also getting nervous...however, after reading your post I am feeling a bit less nervous. Hope you have a speedy recovery =)
gigi2897
on 12/5/09 10:06 am - Deer Park, TX
No worries You will be fine!  Not saying it is easy in the least!  There have been things with this surgery that didn't occur with the lapband and for me this has been  a very tough one.  I am out 3 days or so and feeling not too great but I know in the long run it is the right choice.  Just make sure you take chapstick with you!  That was my life saver.  Best wishes to you and keep me posted!

heatherlowrymom
on 12/7/09 3:18 am

Please tell us what recovery is like! I also have band to rny revision on Monday and am getting nervous, although I already had my band out...
Heather

gigi2897
on 12/7/09 3:35 am - Deer Park, TX
Honestly for me at least recovery hasn't been fun.  Although I guess any surgery recovery isn't fun.  I have had lots of nausea but I have a terribly sensitive stomach.  As for the pain that isn't too bad. It has gotten better each day.  I have lots of pillows on my bed so I can sleep propped up.  I will say it is totally worth it.  I have my moments where I think to myself what have I done but I know when all the recovery is over that it will all be worth it.  Trust you are in good hands with your surgeon and all will be fine.  I think the worst part is the eating.  I have no desire to eat anything at all.  The thought of food makes me nauseous.  I know it all sounds kinda like a downer but I want to be totally honest!  Best wishes and keep me posted!

heatherlowrymom
on 12/7/09 12:24 pm
are they giving you something for nausea, like zofran or reglan? Did you have nausea after the band? I thought I would, but never did. I had horrible morning sickness with all of my pregnancies, so I am scared to death of nausea, lol...maybe the pain meds are making you sick, esp since you don't have much food with them? I know I get nauseated after 5-7 days on vicodin...and percocet gives me migraines, so who knows...I am sorry that you feel so yucky! I'm glad the pain isn't too bad...When do you get discharged? My doc says 4 days in the hospital since I am having my gallbladder out as well--did you by any chance? I am just starving right now on this preop diet and have no energy because of it...keep in touch and get some rest!
Heather
Most Active