Smaller Pouch?

Mariee H.
on 12/3/09 8:21 am - Oakland, ca
I'm going to show my lack of knowledge when it comes to revision surgery. Most of the posts are about having one procedure converted to another. -- Lap to RNY, RNY to DS, RNY to add a Lap. Is there such a thing as just having your stretched-out pouch made small again? I can now eat sooo much more than after the initial RNY seven years ago. I read about the Rose procedure and I am not impressed. So what is my next option? I'm looking for something that can be done laproscopically. 

Thanks! 
john_albert
on 12/3/09 5:15 pm
 Hi,

As you talking about pouch a common misunderstanding of gastric bypass surgery is that the pouch causes weight loss because it is so small, the patient eats less. That is true for the first six months, that is not how it works. Some doctors have assumed that poor weight loss in some patients is because they are not really trying to lose weight. The truth is it may be because they haven't learned how to get they are satisfied feeling of being full to last long enough.

Thanks 

LaShonda
on 12/4/09 4:28 pm - FL
On December 3, 2009 at 4:21 PM Pacific Time, Mariee H. wrote:
I'm going to show my lack of knowledge when it comes to revision surgery. Most of the posts are about having one procedure converted to another. -- Lap to RNY, RNY to DS, RNY to add a Lap. Is there such a thing as just having your stretched-out pouch made small again? I can now eat sooo much more than after the initial RNY seven years ago. I read about the Rose procedure and I am not impressed. So what is my next option? I'm looking for something that can be done laproscopically. 

Thanks! 
Hopefully, this helps....
I had RNY on 8/31/04. The opening to my pouch is stretched; therefore it empties quickly. So, I'm often hungry. I am having a revision on 12/17 to repair the opening. My surgeon said that this will be a laproscopic procedure in which some stitches will be put in the opening. This is supposed to restore restriction. I'll let you know what the results are.

Monique H.
on 12/7/09 4:59 am
I just wanted to say that there are people out there who have had a lap band placed over their pouch to give them restriction. I haven't been on here for a while so I'm not sure how everyone is doing with it, but it is an option.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active