Calling upon all Bandster...

Tiff tells all
on 11/24/09 11:05 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
And the Survey Says!!!

I need your help to do a very unofficial survey as a result of something I read today on the boards of OH. Can you please take a few minutes to do this for me.

I will compile my findings and let you know the results within a few days time. I will post them on OH's Lap Band Board and Main Board, And Facebooks OH Boards and If I'm feeling froggy, I may even paste it on Lap Band Talk..

Thanks for playing.
Tiff

1. Are you a lap band patient?

2. Have you experienced any of the following:  Vomiting, PB, Stuck Food, "Bringing food back", Regurgitation.

3. Have you experienced any of the following:  Dehydration requiring IV fluids, Vomiting requiring hospital intervention

4. Have you experienced any band complications requiring a secondary surgery to repair the port, tubing or band.

5. Have you experienced any other complications related to the band requiring a second surgery IE. Gall bladder

6. Have you had an elective surgery to replace your port to a lower profile version or new band version.

7. How satisfied are you: 1 being VERY, 2 being Somewhat, 3 being Not really, 4 being NOT satisfied at all.. BOO!

8. Have you died as a complication of the band?

9. If you could do it over, would you get the band versus another WLS option like RNY, VGS, DS...

10. Do you report fewer co-morbidity's as a result of your surgical weight loss?

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

sreed1966
on 11/24/09 3:18 pm - Livonia, MI
1. Are you a lap band patient? YES

2. Have you experienced any of the following:  Vomiting, PB, Stuck Food, "Bringing food back", Regurgitation. YES

3. Have you experienced any of the following:  Dehydration requiring IV fluids, Vomiting requiring hospital intervention..NO

4. Have you experienced any band complications requiring a secondary surgery to repair the port, tubing or band. NO

5. Have you experienced any other complications related to the band requiring a second surgery IE. Gall bladder..YES

6. Have you had an elective surgery to replace your port to a lower profile version or new band version.NO

7. How satisfied are you: 1 being VERY, 2 being Somewhat, 3 being Not really, 4 being NOT satisfied at all.. BOO!-VERY SATISFIED FOR 5 YEARS......NOW GETTING RNY

8. Have you died as a complication of the band? Uummm...

9. If you could do it over, would you get the band versus another WLS option like RNY, VGS, DS...
NO
10. Do you report fewer co-morbidity's as a result of your surgical weight loss? NO
Tiff tells all
on 11/29/09 3:26 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Thank you for responding

Tiff

heatherlowrymom
on 11/25/09 1:32 pm
1. Are you a lap band patient?Yes

2. Have you experienced any of the following:  Vomiting, PB, Stuck Food, "Bringing food back", Regurgitation.YES

3. Have you experienced any of the following:  Dehydration requiring IV fluids, Vomiting requiring hospital intervention. No

4. Have you experienced any band complications requiring a secondary surgery to repair the port, tubing or band. Twice

5. Have you experienced any other complications related to the band requiring a second surgery IE. Gall bladder .Yes, GERD, vomiting, band came out.

6. Have you had an elective surgery to replace your port to a lower profile version or new band version. NO

7. How satisfied are you: 1 being VERY, 2 being Somewhat, 3 being Not really, 4 being NOT satisfied at all.. BOO! 3

8. Have you died as a complication of the band?No

9. If you could do it over, would you get the band versus another WLS option like RNY, VGS, DS...Yes, am revising to RNY in 2.5 weeks.

10. Do you report fewer co-morbidity's as a result of your surgical weight loss? yes
Tiff tells all
on 11/29/09 3:24 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Thank you for responding!

Tiff

ksp1155
on 11/29/09 10:45 am
 1. Are you a lap band patient? I was for 2 yrs., 2 months

2. Have you experienced any of the following:  Vomiting, PB, Stuck Food, "Bringing food back", Regurgitation. All of these, plus severe night coughing with sliming that caused choking and strangulation.

3. Have you experienced any of the following:  Dehydration requiring IV fluids, Vomiting requiring hospital intervention - No

4. Have you experienced any band complications requiring a secondary surgery to repair the port, tubing or band. Yes--Had hernia at port sight -  repair and revision to a smaller port.

5. Have you experienced any other complications related to the band requiring a second surgery IE. Gall bladder -- See above #4 and had emergency surgery to remove lapband.

6. Have you had an elective surgery to replace your port to a lower profile version or new band version. See #4 above

7. How satisfied are you: 1 being VERY, 2 being Somewhat, 3 being Not really, 4 being NOT satisfied at all.. BOO! -- 4--Severe pain when trying to eat from the beginning.

8. Have you died as a complication of the band? No!

After having emergency surgery to remove the lapband, regained all 75 lbs. lost (plus more) while getting approved for RNY.  I would definitely have RNY instead of lapband to begin with.  I've lost 105 lbs. since RNY in May, 2008.

10. Do you report fewer co-morbidity's as a result of your surgical weight loss? YES!
SmyleyFace
on 11/30/09 6:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
1. Are you a lap band patient? YES.

2. Have you experienced any of the following:  Vomiting, PB, Stuck Food, "Bringing food back", Regurgitation. YES, PLUS FROTHING, CHOKEING AND PROJECTILE VOMITING.

3. Have you experienced any of the following:  Dehydration requiring IV fluids, Vomiting requiring hospital intervention NO.

4. Have you experienced any band complications requiring a secondary surgery to repair the port, tubing or band. NO

5. Have you experienced any other complications related to the band requiring a second surgery IE. Gall bladder . YES EMERGENCY INCARCERATED HERNIA REPAIR

6. Have you had an elective surgery to replace your port to a lower profile version or new band version. HOPE TO GET RNY THIS MONTH

7. How satisfied are you: 1 being VERY, 2 being Somewhat, 3 being Not really, 4 being NOT satisfied at all.. BOO!  4 VERY UNSATISFIED. AFTER ONE YR ONLY 35 # WT LOSS.

8. Have you died as a complication of the band? SOMETIMES I THINK SO!

9. If you could do it over, would you get the band versus another WLS option like RNY, VGS, DS... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!

10. Do you report fewer co-morbidity's as a result of your surgical weight loss? NO

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

Amy R.
on 12/6/09 9:50 am
1. Are you a lap band patient? Yes, 7 years

2. Have you experienced any of the following:  Vomiting, PB, Stuck Food, "Bringing food back", Regurgitation. Yes

3. Have you experienced any of the following:  Dehydration requiring IV fluids, Vomiting requiring hospital intervention NO

5. Have you experienced any other complications related to the band requiring a second surgery IE. Gall bladder  NO

6. Have you had an elective surgery to replace your port to a lower profile version or new band version.  NO

7. How satisfied are you: 1 being VERY, 2 being Somewhat, 3 being Not really, 4 being NOT satisfied at all.. BOO!   4- lost between 50-75 pounds but gaining

8. Have you died as a complication of the band? No

NO -Getting band removed due to fluid build up-revision to DS
10. Do you report fewer co-morbidity's as a result of your surgical weight loss? NO. I
Most Active