Do you currently have LapBand/DID you have a LapBand?

Tiff tells all
on 11/24/09 11:01 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Great opinion...You have yours and I have mine. I guess we're stuck with each other and I'll deal with it. Slanted results and all.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/09 11:03 pm - AZ
On November 25, 2009 at 7:01 AM Pacific Time, titantiff wrote:
Great opinion...You have yours and I have mine. I guess we're stuck with each other and I'll deal with it. Slanted results and all.

Nawwww, not opinion at all.  It's a  matter of doing it the right way.  What study that you have seen takes people at four months post op and calls it a final study?

Why not do it both ways?  You know full well why you aren't doing it both ways.  You aren't doing it both ways because you know it won't show the band in a good light.

I have lost a great deal of respect for you.  I thought you were a little more honest than this.

Tiff tells all
on 11/24/09 11:08 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
On November 25, 2009 at 7:03 AM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:
On November 25, 2009 at 7:01 AM Pacific Time, titantiff wrote:

Nawwww, not opinion at all.  It's a  matter of doing it the right way.  What study that you have seen takes people at four months post op and calls it a final study?

Why not do it both ways?  You know full well why you aren't doing it both ways.  You aren't doing it both ways because you know it won't show the band in a good light.

I have lost a great deal of respect for you.  I thought you were a little more honest than this.

Yep- I'm afraid we share that loss of respect as well. I used to take your opinions seriously. Thats too bad.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

StacysMom
on 11/24/09 5:18 pm
 How about asking "how long have you had a lap-band?" - then one could see if complications increase as a function of the length of time the lap band is in someone.   Just from reading here, it appears as though the patients who have had the lap band in them longest, experience the most problems with it.   It's going to be a lot of numbers to crunch when you factor in length of time.   I hope the person doing this has some kind of experience with biostatistical analysis.

And, what's up with that question "Did you die as a complication of a lap band?"  - if they died, how could they post an answer?   Or was that just supposed to be humorous?  If it wasn't meant to be funny, perhaps a better way of phrasing it would be "Do you know anyone who has died from having lap band surgery?" - and then find some way of factoring out multiple reports of people who know the same person who died.   A statistical nightmare, if you ask me!  LOL
sreed1966
on 11/29/09 2:19 am - Livonia, MI
I completely agree with you. Even for the first 4.5  years..I LOVED my band..and it worked great, and I worked that band like nobody's business.....No one could say a bad thing about it, and in my opinion, it was the best surgery out there...

I think a poll of how long someone has been banded, or how long you had the band before problems (if any) started to appear....
Most Active