Stomaphyx

Carol M.
on 11/21/09 5:46 am - Indiana, PA
Just got out of the hospital, had my stomaphyx surgery, doing good but I have a super sore throat. If anyone has any question about the surgery just email me will be happy to answer them also will keep you updated on my progress. 
Carol P.
on 11/22/09 10:33 am - Hollywood, FL
Good luck!  I would like to keep track of how you are doing.  I am having the ROSE procedure done either the 3rd or 4th of December and I am wondering if the results would be similar to when I first had the RNY.  I originally lost 150 lbs, but after 7 years and 2 pregnancies I have put on 60 lbs back.  I understand the Stomaphix is very similar to the ROSE.  I hope your throat gets better soon.
baphoenix
on 11/22/09 12:37 pm
Glad to hear you are having the Rose procedure. I had an RNY in 1999 and lost 110 pounds-have put about 45 back on and so am awaiting approval for the ROSE as well.  I am trying to get info off the web and found a site that  the ROSE was only good for about a year and people were only losing an average of 20 lbs.  That was really discouraging.  Have you heard this or has your surgeon talked about how long this procedure stays in place?  I don't want to have an annual procedure done.  All the other info was extremely positive and I got really excited.  I realize there are two points of view, but can't find much personal story info on the web. Keep me informed about your procedure.  I will pray it all goes perfectly and you lose all your excess weight.   
Carol M.
on 11/23/09 12:55 am - Indiana, PA
Today is 4 days post op Stomaphxy and I'm very weak I have lost 10 lbs but anyone would loose that if they were only putting broth and liquids in there mouth. I can feel some restriction with just the liquids, so we will see how this works, my throat is much better. I get to start Full liquids on Thursday Turkey Day yayaya Liquid Turkey yummmmm!!!! I am still very happy that I did this, now lets just hope it works....

I think the Rose procedure is about the same.
Nannette
on 11/23/09 4:58 am - Toms River, NJ
Hopefully you have better luck than I did.  I had a Stomophyx in October 2007 and initially lost 8 pounds during first two weeks of liquids, etc.  Once I went back on a normal WLS diet, I gained that back -- I am now UP 20 pounds even more than when I had the surgery!

Good luck.
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Carol P.
on 11/23/09 9:31 am - Hollywood, FL
I have been told  by my surgeon that the results of the ROSE procedure are more permanent than the STOMAPHIX.  The average weight loss with the ROSE is about 50 lbs and that I have to re-learn how to work my tool so that I don't regain my weight back.  I was doing perfectly fine 5 years post-op and gained weight because I had two pregnancies back to back.  I think that if I am as commited as I was the first time around (I lost 150 lbs) this can work out for me.  I am paying for this procedure out of pocket because I got a denial from my insurance.  I'll keep you posted.
Carol M.
on 11/24/09 12:30 am - Indiana, PA
They didn't offer the Rose procedure at Magee, I am in a trial to see how well Stomaphyx works, so far i"m only on liquids but will soon start protein shakes,
Carol P.
on 12/17/09 1:13 pm - Hollywood, FL
How are you doing?  How is your weight loss coming along?
Carol M.
on 12/17/09 8:47 pm - Indiana, PA
Hi, I am doing super great, I have lost 21 lbs in 4 weeks, I have been on soft food for about a week and I'm still loosing. I know that this is still up in the air as to how well I will do when I go to solid foods, but so far so good.
Carol P.
on 12/17/09 10:01 pm - Hollywood, FL

How exciting!  I hope that it continues to be good weight loss when you start the solids.  Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and a helathy and skinny 2010! :o)

Most Active