freaking out

diminishingdeborah
on 11/21/09 11:26 am - New York, NY
so- I'm having a band placed in about a month.  I had the RNY 5 years ago- never lost as much as I wanted and had major complications( leak).  I've gained back 40 pounds and don't want to end up where I was.  I'm heavy but have no medical problems like I had before.

So- I'll be starting on liquids on december 3rd and having sugery Dec 17th. I'm hoping this will help me lose another 60-80 pounds. Tonight, I'm really anxious abous doing the liquid diet and I can't stop eating. So- I'm looking for support.  I'm not looking for advice on whether or not to have a revision or what kind of revision to have- just looking for some comfort from those of you who can relate.

DD
Angie T.
on 11/22/09 12:26 am - Somewhere, NY
Be kind to yourself. I think we've all had that anxiety about "no food" while on the liquid diet. Afterall, dont we all have a love afair with food?  Take it one day at at time, and before you know it, your surgery day will be here.
Good luck to you

Kindness Matters  

Angie

diminishingdeborah
on 11/22/09 12:29 am - New York, NY
Thanks - it IS like a break up.

DD
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 6:14 am
 Hi Deb,
I'm feeling alot like you describe, except my surgeries are opposite, band to RNY!  I have been wanting to snack constantly,feeling hungry all the time. My doc isn't making me do two wks of liquid, just one week, but I still dread it. It is exhausting, all of this research and constant thought of liquid protein and vitamins! I just wish I had a normal metabolism. I don't know if this works for you, but I have to keep all the sweets out of the house, especially chocolate or cookies. Good luck on your revision, I hope it works great for you!! I do intend to go have sushi one more time before surgery and I think we should treat ourselves! It will be awhile after all...
diminishingdeborah
on 11/22/09 10:07 am - New York, NY
Thanks for the support- it's not easy travelling down this road twice ( the first one wasn't a cake walk either).

I wish you well with your revision and wholeheartedly support the idea of having sushi one more time. ( I'm having lots of things for the last time, before the liquid diet)

DD
Most Active