Information Needed for RNY Revision to DS in PA

POS
on 11/20/09 7:55 am
Hi All,
I had my rny surgery in January of 2006. I went from 242lbs on the day of surgery to 175lbs one year later. I lost weight VERY slowly and was NEVER full. After that first year, the weight loss stopped. I stayed around 175 for about 2 weeks and then slowly (oh so slowly) started to gain. I am now back up to 210lbs and seeing no end in sight. I have high blood pressure and just started prilosec for an ulcer near the Gastro/duodenal junction  and chronic inflammation of the stomach.

I
am hoping that someone can help me to find a surgeon who specializes in revising the RNY to the DS in Pennsylvania. I would also like to hear from anyone who has Blue Shield PPO insurance - will they pay for a revision?  I live in central PA but am willing to travel. Thanks for listening and for any help that can be given.

I also posted this on the DS message board.
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 3:59 pm - San Jose, CA
Check out Dr. Greenbaum in New Jersey.
POS
on 11/20/09 4:30 pm
Thanks!

Melissa A.
on 11/23/09 5:14 am - Beaver FAlls, Pa
Hi,
I live in Beaver County and I have blue cross and blue shield.  I see Dr. Gagne at West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh.  I am scheduled to have an ryn revision in dec, because i too lost very slowly and gained back.  I got pregnant in between and the drs actually found some problems with my original bypass and I have a hiatal hernia.  He is EXCELLENT.  You may want to check into seeing him.  If you'd like more info email me at [email protected].  My name is Melissa.  Put something in the subject line so i open the message.  I can give more info about them and the insurance if you do.  Melissa
Most Active