Revision from RNY to DS

aqtnsc
on 11/16/09 2:34 pm
I am on the waiting list for Dr. Husted. Because I have medicare, I have to wait until he has Center of Excellence certification. I was told that the process has been initiated but the waiting list for medicare patients with his office is years long once he has the certification.
ladydi1970
on 11/17/09 7:52 am - GA

I'm so sorry to hear that!  I hope you find someone soon!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

MerryMary
on 11/17/09 1:38 am - Brentwood, TN
Hi!  It would be worth your while to call and get information at Hugh Houston's office at Centennial Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee.  He performed my band to DS revision and is a skilled bariatric surgeon.  I don't know anything about the medicare/insurance end of it.  His staff would be able to give you details about that.  Centennial is a Center of Excellence.

From what I have heard, he is scheduling DS surgeries in January at this point.  Dr. Houston will be presenting for the bariatric group at the new patient seminar on Saturday, Dec. 5 in Nashville.  It would be worth a trip to get a sense of if it would be a good match.  Call his office at 615-342-5820 and ask for his office manager, Holly.  She can give you a lot of information.

Best wishes on your revision! 
Mary

shellshock
on 11/19/09 8:16 am - Bremerton, WA
I don't know how far you want to travel but my surgeon does the revisions to DS and it is a center of excellence. Look up Dr. Srikanth at St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way, WA. He has a very impressive history and he is wonderful.
Shellshock
Revision from Lapband to RNY
Surgery date: 11/17/09 - Dr. Srikanth
HW 316/ SW 283/ CW 235 / 1st Goal 250/ 2nd Goal 200/ 3rd Goal 175 

pam_b
on 11/24/09 1:03 am
I too am on Husted list.  I'm at the top of the list but who knows when it will be that he gets COE.
I have found a great bariatric surgeon who accepts Medicare/Medicaid.
Dr. Anthone in Omaha, Nebraska who does DS.  1-402-354-1320 ask for Karen.
Most Active