Two weeks out...

NVNativeGirl
on 11/15/09 10:23 am
My revision (Lap Band to Bypass) is two weeks from tomorrow (11/30/09). Getting really nervous and excited. I'll be really busy between now and then, so I suspect the time will fly. What's really got me scared is I'll be all alone in the hospital ... my husband is working out of state and my son doesn't have his driver's license yet, so I'm pretty much on my own. Has anyone else dealt with this?
emjayel56
on 11/15/09 10:54 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL

For the most part I was alone for my stay at the hospital.  I appreciated the quiet time where I could just sleep or walk or do what i want.  You have nurses and assistants there.  Use the time to heal mentally and physically.  You'll be fine.   All the best to you.  I went from band to bypass 3 months ago and very happy.

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

missnanajean
on 11/16/09 1:25 am - Friendswood, TX
I was alone too and did fine. You sleep alot and nurses and aides come in for medications and vitalsigns so use them when you need to go walking and use the bathroom then. I had laproscopic and went home in 24hr.s ,I did stay with my kids the first 3 days because I have health issues and we wanted to be safe. Get a heating pad for the leftside pain. Wish I would have known this in the beginning. Finally getting good relief 11days postop.
Most Active