It's done - Lap Band to RNY

sdikeman
on 11/15/09 4:04 am
So I'm still in the hospital. The first 18 hours was REALLY rough, but after that I improved very quickly! They started out doing the procedure lap but had to end up doing it open because I had so much scar tissue and getting the lap band out was very difficult. So I have a really ugly stapled incision from my sternum to belly button. I was in a lot of pain afterward. After about 18 hours I got up and walked.

Even when I was hurting in bed I tried to lift my arms and legs and breath into the little plastic "thing" (can't  remember the name of it). I have been walking alot and trying to do as much for yself as I can.

Doctor just came in. I get to go home! He said I could stay but I'd rather be laying in y recliner than in the hospital bed!

I will message later with more.

shele
on 11/15/09 5:36 am

Hey! Good to see you post so soon! I had on open proceure and it kicked my butt!

Very glad you are doing so well! Concentrate on your fluids and walking for now.

Way to go!!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

K. johns
on 11/15/09 6:05 am
emjayel56
on 11/15/09 10:58 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL

Congrats on your surgery; sounds like you have a good state of mind to deal with it.  Feel better

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

missnanajean
on 11/16/09 1:19 am - Friendswood, TX
Glad you are doing Good. Get a heating pad ready sitting in a recliner too longg gave me a back ache. You'll have left sided pain along with incisional pain. The heat will relax the muscles and increase haling to the area.  Take your medicine with only a sip and wait 30 min. It works better that way. Take it and GasX around the clock the first few days.Good Luck!
sreed1966
on 11/16/09 4:01 am - Livonia, MI

That's awesome!!! I'll be having my lap to RNY Dec. 29th!! Keep us posted on how your doing and here's to a speedy recovery...

louisianamamaof3
on 11/17/09 1:51 am - broussard, LA

hi im looking into having my BAND taken out and the BYPASS done. My question is what happens if you lose weight with the pre-op diet you have to do? I weight 236 and im 5'4 my current dr says my body just is not responding like it should to the band......any information will help. thanks Shannon

Nerd Lover
on 11/17/09 2:25 am
Hi Shannon,

I had Laproscopic RNY revision from the band.  Your insurance company will approve the surgery THEN you go on pre-op so no worries.

All is well with me, I'm 2 weeks out and 30 lbs down.  Smooth sailing!
        ~*ChRiStY*~

high/current/goal
272/143/140

I  NERDS!!!
Rosestar
on 11/23/09 11:34 am, edited 11/23/09 11:34 am
My surgeon said there is a 1/10 chance of it being done open. Please keep us updated. Glad you are on the mend!!!
Most Active