Pep talk before my surgery

Amy F.
on 11/12/09 5:56 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Ok - so I could really use some kind words right now.  I am getting so close to my surgery date - 4 1/2 days away.

Any mental suggestions for those of you who have been through this?  I know it may not seem like much to some, but I am a newbie to this revision thing - and honestly - really scared about the mortality rate thing.  Maybe I shouldn't be - but would appreciate any insight that others have on this. I see all of these wonderful  before and after pics - and I really want to be that - and be healthy.

Thanks in advance,
Amy

heatherlowrymom
on 11/13/09 12:14 pm
What revision are you having? I know I am going to feel the same way about mine in 4 weeks, so you can do the same for me and tell me it was a piece of cake! You are going to do great! I honestly wouldn't be too alarmed about the mortality rate--I think most people who have that kind of complication are really a lot heavier than you or I, and so complications were bound to come up in the first place. Think happy thoughts! Let us know how you do!
Heather
Amy F.
on 11/14/09 10:16 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Thank you so much Heather!  I wish you all the best with your revision as well.  My revision is from Lap Band to Gastric Bypass.

Say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed for me!  I'll let you know how it goes:)!

Thanks!
Amy

heatherlowrymom
on 11/14/09 11:49 pm
OK, we are having same surgery then! Why does your avatar say VGB? What does that stand for? I thought that meant the sleeve? Good luck tomorrow!  Let me know how it goes...I am suddenly getting nervous as I realize I have 28 days "left," lol! Oh yeah, are you going open or lap? Mine will be open because I have adhesions from the band...
Hugs!
Heather
Amy F.
on 11/15/09 9:54 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
I am going laproscopically.  I wish you that best on yours - let's definitely keep in touch - I want to know how your journey is going too!

Wish me luck:)!

Thanks again,
Amy

shele
on 11/15/09 5:39 am

Amy,

Thinking of you and praying for a quick uneventful surgery and recovery!!!

Just concentrate on how it will all be worth it in the end!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Amy F.
on 11/15/09 9:52 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Thank you so so much!  I really appreciate the support and prayers.  I will post as soon as I have recovered and let everyone know how it went:)!

Thanks again,
Amy

shellshock
on 11/15/09 2:01 pm - Bremerton, WA
We are having the same surgery on the same day! Good Luck on your journey. You will do great.
Shellshock
Revision from Lapband to RNY
Surgery date: 11/17/09 - Dr. Srikanth
HW 316/ SW 283/ CW 235 / 1st Goal 250/ 2nd Goal 200/ 3rd Goal 175 

Amy F.
on 11/16/09 2:52 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
 Thank you - I believe your's will go well too!  Please keep in contact with me after you recover - I would love to keep in touch!

Amy

Most Active