Ugh! Need suggestions!

heatherlowrymom
on 11/11/09 3:39 am
So, my band came out 4 weeks ago after a year of vomiting, reflux, you know the routine. I have revision to RNY on Dec. 14th...but now that I can eat, I am gaining weight! They say that is to be expected, but I have gained 10 lbs, and I am just eating normal sized portions--really! It is just so uncomfortable--long story, I had a tummy tuck last year. If I start the preop diet now, I think that will mess with my postop weight loss, don't you think? I don't know what to do. I am really not eating that much, trying to be healthy, and the pounds are coming back like the devil. Any suggestions appreciated!
shondac
on 11/13/09 9:06 am - IL
Hi I was wondering was it difficult to get insurance to pay for revision? I had a Endoscopy done today to find out that my Lap Band had eroded into my stomach and has to come out. I want to convert to gastric Bypass but I don't know how the insurance process works due to mechanical failure. Do they make you do the process over from the beginning or is it quicker due to mechanical failure. I have BC BS POO.

Thanks
heatherlowrymom
on 11/13/09 12:17 pm
no, it was easy to get insurance to pay, and I didn't have to go through the whole process again. My BMI was right at 35, too, but the band was causing too many problems. I have Humana, if that helps. I did have to have the band out and let my stomach heal for a few weeks first, so they may need to do that for you as well. Mine was not eroded, so I don't know what the procedure is for that. It would probably be easier for you to get insurance to pay with that, and mine was not hard.
Heather
heatherlowrymom
on 11/13/09 12:18 pm
It took about 3 weeks to get approval, and that was only because the nurse in charge of my case was out sick--at Humana, otherwise it would have been faster. Start by going to the surgeon and talking about revision and they will get the ball rolling. I also switched surgeons...
Most Active