Revision from VBG to RNY

jmcquaker
on 11/7/09 6:59 am - Canada
I had VBG done in 1993 at the time I was 269 it worked pretty good for about 5 years.  By 1999 I was 210 and pregnant with my first child.  I managed to lose the weight after she was born in 2000.  In 2005 I got pregnant with my second daughter and was 230.  I had my 2nd daughter in 2006 and was 255.  I lost about 50 pounds  in the first 2 months after I had her.  I first had my GP fill out the forms for referral in June 2008.  I received forms from the surgeons office in September filled them out and sent them in.  I never heard a word until October this year I had my first consult Oct. 21st and saw the social worker the same day. 

I had a gastroscopy done on November 4th without sedation I might add because my surgeons office neglected to tell me I needed someone with me because I was going to be put to sleep and would not be able to drive and of course without that information I drove myself.  It actually wasn't so bad I survived and found out the the mesh is gone which would explain why I can eat anything.

Next appt. is the 3 hour class on the 12th and dietician on the 18th then back to the surgeon which I still need to book he told me to book it for after I have completed the other two and he discuss the revision with me and book a surgery date.

Funny thing is I am not to worried about it all yet anyway.  When I had the original VBG I did very well with the surgery and got to go home early  they even asked me to visit another girl that was about to have the operation while I was still there.

FYI my original surgery was done at St. Josephs in Toronto by Dr. Dietl and I am now seeing Dr. Hagen at Humber RRH.

So that is pretty much my story and would love to hear from others with similar cir****tances and if any other members are also in Ontario.

Jeanne
Jeanne - Revision of VBG to RNY

SURGERY DATE : June 23, 2010

My Angel is NANPET.

Poodles
on 11/7/09 10:50 pm - TX
Please Please Please check out dsfacts.com!!!  Read the Duodenal Switch board.  You will find so many people there that have revised from one form of surgery to the DS and are so much happier.  The most impressive is Kerry who lived with Rny for 20 years and had a revision to DS.  His quality of life is so much better and he will proudly recommend the DS.

Ara Keshishian
on 11/8/09 12:58 am - Glendale, CA
Hello,
The Duodenal switch is by far the most successful surgery. There a group out of Quebec that does the DS.

Good luck.

Ara Keshishian, MD, FACS, FASMBS
[email protected]
www.dssurgery.com

Most Active