Has anyone experienced being very cold while recouperating

katies2angels
on 11/5/09 10:14 am
Since my surgery on October 27th I can't seem to get warm has any one else experienced this?

thanks

kathleen
mrdoores
on 11/5/09 10:37 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi,
I have been cold since I had RNY surgery in 2000.  The only time I am warm is hot fllashes
I am now waiting on approval from BCBS for a  revision as I have gained back half of what I lost.  Good luck and take care.
Marianna

katies2angels
on 11/5/09 11:45 pm
Oh boy.  I wish you luck on your revision reprocess hopefully everything goes without a hitch.  Weight regain is awful.  I know how you feel.  Thanks so much and take good care of yourself.

Kathleen
ginau
on 11/5/09 10:42 am - mesa, AZ
Yes !

and the way I explain it is that   my Fat Blanket  got switched around ..  your body is adjusting - give it time.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

katies2angels
on 11/5/09 11:48 pm
Thanks for responding.  I hope my body adusts soon so cold.   I will definitely take your advise.  I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Kathleen
snedly318
on 11/11/09 1:37 pm - Mine Hill, NJ
As I understand it, the hypothalmus, a tiny endocrine glad in our brain (it's about the size of the eraser on a pencil) regulates temperature....it is our internal thermostat.  Mine has not completely reset since my 2004 RNY.  I can say however, that being cold and being able to wear layers is better than being so hot and sweaty and only having so much we can take off. 

Hope you adjust soon.

Kar
Snedly318
katies2angels
on 11/11/09 10:56 pm
Thanks so much.  I thought I was the only one going through this.  I think you may be right about layering. 
ladydi1970
on 11/16/09 10:31 am - GA

From what I've heard (we've discussed this a few times on the DS board) is the "official medical reason" is you are not eating as much now, and you liver doesn't have to work as hard, there for not producing as much heat.  Ok, maybe that's not the official medical reason, but something like that.  Something about we don't eat as much now.

I always say I don't have any insulation now, but I was freezing from the moment I woke up from surgery, and sleep with a heating pad almost every night...still!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

katies2angels
on 11/16/09 11:14 pm
Thanks for letting me know my husband thinks I am crazy that I can't get warm with the thermostadt set at 73 I have to wear a sweat jacket and a blanket around me.  At least I'm not the only one, I have to try my Electric Blanket.  How long have you been out?  I appreciate you letting me know this.

Take care.

Kathleen
ladydi1970
on 11/17/09 7:54 am - GA
I'm 7 months out today.

There's a lady on the DS board that's 3 years out and still freezing! 

We all should make it a standard on our Xmas list....

"I WANT A SNUGGY!!!!!"  hehehehehehehehe!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Most Active