best type revision

crothers2003
on 11/3/09 4:41 am - Scottsville, VA
Anyone know hich revision surgery is best for someone who has had a Roux en Y 7 yrs ago and been on a gradual weight gain
shele
on 11/3/09 4:55 am

There are a few, and not trying to be smart, but the best one will be the one that you research, and learn about the lifestyle that will be required the rest of your life.

RNY to DS  most difficult and risky, but best results long term... few docs actually do full ds revisions

Band over bypass  lap band

erny  exteneds by pass.... pretty much same eating style as ds... for me the loss is very slow

sleeve  top portion of ds... would also seem to be risky,,,

Just  the ones I know that have good results. There are also the stomaphyx, rose and another I cant think of now that sort of pleat or staple pouch and or stoma to a smaller size. Dont know of much success with this though.

Good luck, you might want to post over on the ds forum... several over there with rny to ds revisions that are doing very well.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

NCMtnGirl
on 11/3/09 7:42 am
Hi Crothers... I am in the same boat.. I had surgery almost 10 years ago and the last 6 I have gained pretty steadily... almost.. but not quite.. back to where I was originally.

I have no idea where to start with this revision and insurance thing ... all over again.  I hope it will be easier now that the surgery is more accepted then it was in our day.

Good Luck
Ara Keshishian
on 11/8/09 1:42 am - Glendale, CA
 The choice of the revisional surgery should be based on risk benefit ration and not based on if it is easy to perform or not. As a surgeon that does revisions all the time, the best revision os the first one to do.

Do you research.
Hope this helps

Ara Keshishian, MD, FACS, FASMBS
[email protected]
www.dssurgery.com

Most Active