UPDATE!

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/09 10:07 am - San Diego, CA
My sweet Janie!!

I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing...that is always a tough one to handle.

But I am glad to see how FABULOUS you are doing with your revision!  43 lbs is a heck of a lot of weight to lose.  We are only 1 week apart with our surgery dates, remember?  I bet you look and feel fantastic. :)

My band-over-bypass is everything I thought it could be and more...I hit my goal a few weeks back which was over the top!  I never thought I could do it much less in 5 months.  My 50+ lb regain is gone with the wind.  I posted Halloween pics in my album.  I decided to wear something next to nothing this year, you know...to be different.  LOL

So glad to hear from you.  I did not know that ERNY'ers have oil slicks too.  See, I learn something new on OH every damn day.  Please don't be a stranger!

(((HUGS)))

JROLFSON
on 11/3/09 12:04 am - St. George, UT
Hey Lisa:

You sexy thing! You are looking good girl!

I was at a stand still for a while but all the sudden boom I dropped 5 lbs in Hawaii and 2 more since I've been home...It's amazing to me how you lose, you stop, then you lose...

It is great to hear that you are at goal...Congrats to you girl!

Loving Life aren't you?

Keep in touch...

Janie
JRinAZ
on 11/4/09 7:45 am - Layton, UT
Holy Moly Miss Lisa!
Your pics are HOT!!!!  You are a BOB poster gal!

Weigh 2 go!!!!  Seriously, could you get any more gorgeous????

Getting to goal is amazing!  .....now the big time work.......maintenance is an entirely different challenge for me! 

Huggzzz!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/09 12:50 am - San Diego, CA
LOL...thanks Joyce!  I know, maintenance is a WHOLE other ball game.  Buut I do feel this time around I am mentally equipped for the challenge...ONE day at a time.  Those dang carbs call my name every single day and I have found it to be tried and true that if I give in, the cravings come back 10 fold and I WILL gain weight.  So, this is the devil on my shoulder and I am finally learning to brush him off. You are so good at maintaining...YOU are the poster gal. :)

Nice to hear from you! 

Deanne K.
on 11/2/09 2:16 pm, edited 11/2/09 2:16 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Janie,
Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Sorry to hear about your father.  I know how difficult it is, I lost both my parents with 18 months of each other.

I am down below the Dr.'s goals for me.  I am only 13 lbs from my personal goal.  I am happy with where I am and any more loss is gravy at this point.  It was such a surprise to have the Dr. say you don't have to lose any more weight.  I was estatic.  I am at my lowest weight since I was married over 20 years ago.  Go figure.

I don't post much here anymore.  I have been so busy with work and life, I maybe come on once a month at most. 

Deanne
JROLFSON
on 11/2/09 11:55 pm - St. George, UT
Hi Deanne:

Love your new picture! You look great! I've set a first goal of 145 for myself...Wanted to make it something reasonable and attainable...So I'm 26 lbs shy of reaching it...Once I get to the 145 then I've decided to shoot for 135...I really don't want to go lower than 126 ever because when I do I become very gaunt looking and at age "55" turning on Thursday....I think the lower the weight on me, I begin to look older...Don't want that now do I?

I too have lost both my parents in the past 18 months first my Mom and then my Dad this past August...I hope that is it, for a while anyway...

Keep in touch Deanne...It is great hearing from you...By the way, I've been having some pain occassionally in my upper stomach and I'm wondering if I have another hernia...I know I need to talk to Dr. S but I was wondering if you had pain before you had your hernia repair?

Thanks,

Janie

LosingSally
on 11/3/09 2:33 pm
Hi, I guess I'm an ERNY, or very distal RNY with 200cm common channel.
I'm 4 years and 4 months out. I am about ready to give up on the 5 pounds I keep losing and gaining! Other than that, I'm doing well, my labs were great.
My D is 65 , and my PTH was 39. All other labs were in the  center of the ranges. Lately my concern is not drinking enough water. So I'm working on that.
My diet is pretty much normal, I try to limit simple carbs, but I don't dump if I eat sweets. I avoid drinking with meals still.
I'm 54 now, I think I'm doing fine for my age, and years out from surgery.
JROLFSON
on 11/4/09 3:55 am - St. George, UT
Hello Sally:

Great new picture...I haven't seen you around for a while...so good to see you here again, or maybe it's me that's been out of the picture a while...either way wonderful to hear from you...

Well today I'm 55 and this morning I woke up and weighed and was I surprised to see the scales in the 160's range...168 to be exact thats 46 lbs since surgery May 20th this year...

I'm so excited the weight has been coming off quite rapidly this past week and a half...I don't know what I'm doing different but I sure wish I could bottle it and sell it...

Thanks again for the message and info...

Your highly thought of on this Revision Board...keep it coming...

Janie
LosingSally
on 11/5/09 9:52 pm
Thx for your kind words. As for the pic, it looks squashed when I put it as my avatar, I have a slightly better one on my profile, but if I switch it still looks squashed.
I'm glad to see you're doing well and pleased with your loss.
Keep up the hgood work!
JRinAZ
on 11/4/09 8:13 am - Layton, UT
On November 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM Pacific Time, LosingSally wrote:
Hi, I guess I'm an ERNY, or very distal RNY with 200cm common channel.
I'm 4 years and 4 months out. I am about ready to give up on the 5 pounds I keep losing and gaining! Other than that, I'm doing well, my labs were great.
My D is 65 , and my PTH was 39. All other labs were in the  center of the ranges. Lately my concern is not drinking enough water. So I'm working on that.
My diet is pretty much normal, I try to limit simple carbs, but I don't dump if I eat sweets. I avoid drinking with meals still.
I'm 54 now, I think I'm doing fine for my age, and years out from surgery.
I skipped right past your post but noticed ERNy in your post!  Gheesh!  I've missed you!  Love your new face (aka new picture!) .....

Hang in there with the 5 pounds.  I like me better 10 pounds ago so will probably settle somewhre between where I am and where I want to be.....voila!  5 lbs for me too!  LOL!

Stay with us .....  You are my mentor!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active