Two weeks out from revision... whew!

slgiff
on 10/29/09 6:17 pm
I haven't posted much but wanted to share that I had my revision with Dr. Williams at Emory Johns Creek on Oct. 15th and it went great!  It was actually more painful and difficult the first day and a half than the first time (and that one was open!).  But I am 9 plus years older so I guess that is to be expected. 

Pre-op I had lost 15 and now since surgery have lost another 16 lbs... so I am thrilled.  I go back on Nov. 4 for my 3 week post-op check up.  I would love to have another 4 or 5 lbs off... so I will increase my walking during my lunch hour... I have been getting about 20 minutes a day.  I am still a bit tired and napping more often than usual.  Tonight was my first night back at work.  I am a 911 supervisor, so its pretty much a sit-down job. 

Let me just say that Emory Johns' Creek in Alpharetta, GA was a great hospital!!  They treated me wonderfully and really know bariatric patients' needs. 

Good luck to all in the process! 

God bless. 

Susan Gifford
252/221

Angie T.
on 10/29/09 6:32 pm - Somewhere, NY
Glad to hear your doing good Susan. I cant wait to be 3 weeks out, right now I'm 4 days out lol still sleepy, gassy, and sipping away. I just cant seem to get it all in.
Good luck to you.

Kindness Matters  

Angie

emjayel56
on 10/30/09 12:47 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

hi  Susan Congrats on your surgery and for doing so well.  My revision was 2 months ago.  Glad to hear you are being so successful.  Stay well

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

dana712
on 10/30/09 5:01 am
Hi What kind of revision did you have? I am looking into one also. Had RNY in 2001,never reached goal.      Thanks Dana
emjayel56
on 10/30/09 9:34 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

Hi Dana,

I had a revision from lapband to RNY.  Actually I had two lapbands... One was put in in 2001, came out early 2009 and replaced with another lapband (mistake) and ultimately that came out and I had bypass 2 months ago.  I've been fine since the surgery and very happy with the bypass.

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

taraemerson
on 10/30/09 12:45 pm - New Boston, TX
Good to hear, good to hear!!!!!

Im counting down the weeks, 5 to go till my revision....Im so thrilled to hear you gals are doing so good.....

Hope to share my wonderful stories soon, keep posting im a sponge
JustLookingToo
on 11/2/09 3:03 am - AL
 This is such an optimistic thread! It's so encouraging to see all of you revision folks losing weight and doing so well. Can't wait until it's my turn. Still waiting on Blue Cross to approve...
Dancin-D
on 11/4/09 7:39 am - Bellville, TX
So happy for your success story.  Glad that the revision is doing well.  I'm having a revision RnY to reconnecting the Y lower down on Dec. 1.  Haven't heard of many of these.  It is exciting to think that I can get the rest of the weight off.  Keep us posted.
Dancin'D
rny/lap 7-7-04 down 200lbs.
Plastics
butt/thigh lift 4-13-07
arms/tt/knees 7-25-07
Revision to come.
Dancin' D
7/7/04 rny/lap -210
4/13/07 butt,thighlift w/ lipo, Dr. J Lo
7/25/07 tt/arms/knees w/ lipo Dr. J Lo
Most Active