banding after bypass as revision

crothers2003
on 10/28/09 5:46 am - Scottsville, VA
Anyone had this done in Virginia
pepsi98
on 10/31/09 6:21 am - Norwich, CT
On October 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM Pacific Time, crothers2003 wrote:
Anyone had this done in Virginia
No but I had it done in Boston and I would guess you could ask your surgeon about it.  It's being done more and more.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

snedly318
on 10/31/09 3:16 pm - Mine Hill, NJ
I am having the BOB (band over bypass) in NJ on 11/24.
I am hearing very good things about it.
Snedly318
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/09 10:11 am - San Diego, CA
I had the BOB (band-over-bypass) in May and have already hit goal.  LOVE it!!!

Perhaps you could try googling "lap-band over gastric bypass Virginia" and see what comes up?  I know there are surgeons in pretty much every state that are doing BOBs. 

Best of luck to you...I wish I could be of better assistance because I am a huge advocate of this revision surgery. :)

louisianamamaof3
on 11/6/09 12:04 pm - broussard, LA
What about Bypass over BAND?????? I have the Band and Im wanting the BYPASS my current Doc saidI dont have to take the BAND out they can do the BYPASS around the BAND have ya'll ever heard of this one??? thanks
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 2:05 pm - San Diego, CA
Interesting...no, I have never personally heard of it but it sounds like the same end result as what I have, right?  I don't see any reason to not remove the band though if they are creating a tiny pouch again through the RNY.  You will have a permanent restrictive tool if you follow the rules and not stretch it out (like I did unfortunately).  I am very interested in following your journey.  Please keep me posted if you don't mind and good luck to you. :)
Most Active