ROSE PROCEDURE IN MD

ladyelement
on 10/27/09 1:34 pm - huntingtown, MD
Does anyone know of a surgeon in MD DC or VA who has had sucessful ROSE procedures? I have BC/BS Care First so somebody in network would be great.

any success stories with rose would also be great

hanks
pepsi98
on 10/31/09 6:24 am - Norwich, CT
On October 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM Pacific Time, ladyelement wrote:
Does anyone know of a surgeon in MD DC or VA who has had sucessful ROSE procedures? I have BC/BS Care First so somebody in network would be great.

hanks
I'll give you my opinion.  I had Stomaphyx and paid $10,500 (just paid it off after 2 years) and it was a total waste of money.  I ended getting a band over bypass.  I don't think you'll find too many success on any of the endoscopic procedures such as ROSE, Restore, or Stomaphyx.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Tonya Graham
on 11/8/09 8:42 am
I had the rose procedure 4 months ago and I am down 50lbs so far. My insurance paid for the procedure and I am happy with the results. You do have to go back to the way that you ate with your orginal surgery, exercise and have the protien first. It is not easy, however I am going to make this one work, I am going to be done with the weight this time. I realize that if I go back to eating wrong and not exercising I will gain the weight back. In my experocenc it has worked because I am making it work. I hope this helps
Tonya Graham        
bellamt
on 7/13/10 12:45 am
Hi Tonya,

I just found Dr. Bass in Hollywood Florida, and I am interested in the Rose Procedure.  What kind of results are you having now?  How did you feel after the surgery?  What was your downtime and how long did it take from initial consultation to procedure time?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/09 8:16 am - AZ
On October 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM Pacific Time, ladyelement wrote:

hanks

I agree with Pepsi.  People usually lose about 20# on the post op diet and then they stop losing and regain the 20#.

The only person I remember posting here that was pro- any of these surgeries turned out to be working for the surgeon who was doing the procedure.

happy girl
on 11/1/09 3:13 am
I was part of the Restore study (similar procedure to the ROSE, I believe) and had the procedure, I think it was February of 2008.  I sure wouldn't pay for it.  I lost about 10 pounds all up and I am grateful for that, and I have kept it off.  Since then I have had plastics, so from that and getting back on track I am down about 15 or 16 pounds...I haven't had an endoscopy since the end of the study, so have no idea what is left of the clips.... that said, I feel like I have more restriction but I can still eat a whole bunch, (my restriction could be from going back to basics too.)

I don't know if your insurance will even pay for it - the ROSE?  Do you know if it will?  Depending on how much you have to lose I would look at a band over your RNY or a DS...

Good luck

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Bridget413
on 11/14/09 2:25 am
Dr. Barry Greene at Shady Grove and Reston Hospital does the Rose Procedure.  His website is www.advanced.wls.com.

Good Luck
Bridgett
reenieb
on 11/23/09 3:56 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Endoscopy revision procedures DO NOT WORK. Period. End of story. I cannot urge you strongly enough to seek another revision option. I'm sick to death of the seeing this industry line the pockets of surgeons from our base of desperate hopes to stop regaining. Good luck. Maureen
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Most Active