Date for Revisions set!

sdikeman
on 10/27/09 1:57 am
My Revision from Lap band to RNY is set for Nov 13th and I got confirmation from my insurance that everything has been approved! I am actually amazed that they did not question anything! I am so excited yet nervous at the same time! I need to take some before pictures. Actually we have a family photo shoot scheduled for the weekend before so that will work! Anyone else having surgery about the same time? We should keep in touch! 
Missi033
on 10/27/09 11:04 am
I'm actually not scheduled till 12/28- but would love someone to chat with, and track progress with.  I had vbg in 2001 and then a band placed over in 2004....  no luck with the band- so, here I am, waiting on my revision the Monday after Christmas!   Where are you located??  I am in Dallas, Tx.....  :C)

missi
Teena A.
on 10/27/09 1:56 pm - Mesquite, TX
Congrats on your date.

I know you are hella happy.

While we offer lots of good support and advice on here be sure to follow your surgeons rules as they have a method to their madness.

I wish you nothing, but mad success and happiness.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Glenn M.
on 10/28/09 7:23 am - Addison, TX
Congratulations!!!!

My revision is scheduled for the 19th of November.  We should definitly keep in touch and keep each other encouraged.  Are you in Maryland?

Glenn
Angie T.
on 10/29/09 6:22 am - Somewhere, NY
Best of luck to you sweetie! I had my surgery 10/23/09. Also revision from lap band to RNY.

Kindness Matters  

Angie

sdikeman
on 10/29/09 7:53 am
Thanks to everyone for the warm wishes!

Angie: So 6 days ago you had your surgery? How are you feeling? What can I expect? Did you have it done Lap? Any scar tissue? How's the liquid diet?
Angie T.
on 10/29/09 6:38 pm - Somewhere, NY
I'm feeling pretty good. I can easily compare the recovery to when I had lap band. Actually the banding was horrible due to pain meds, which made me sick. I didnt take anything this time. I'd rather deal with the "discomfort" then be all groggy and sick. You can expect the same gassy feeling, as I remember it well. Again I do believe it was worse when I had the lap band. Probably because I wasnt walking as much, due to the nausia (sp) I'm having a little bit of a tough time getting in all the liquids. The NUT said I should have about 64 oz each day and it should include 60-80 gms of protein. I'm working on it. I'm not hungry at all, just trying to get on a schedule. I think I'm still on the hospital's schedule, being up in the middle of the night. LOL  Good luck to you. If you have any questions, dont hesitate.

Kindness Matters  

Angie

missnanajean
on 10/29/09 3:06 pm - Friendswood, TX
My revision from Lapband to RNY is next week Thur. Nov.5 .  I too was suprised how fast I was approved no questions from Aetna. Will you have a pain pump? How long will you be in the hospital and what diet instructions do you have? I do not have to be on liquids preop, in hospital 2 days and clears for a week and then soft fork tender foods for  2 weeks. Here's to our New Life!!! Miss Jean 
sdikeman
on 10/30/09 7:16 am
I have my Pre-op appt on Monday so I will know more then but, I think I will have a pain pump. If everything goes as planned: Lap procedure, no complications, I will be in the hospital for only 24 hours. If there are comlications or I end up with an open procedure, it could be 3 - 5 days. I am wondering if I will have a drain. I hope not! I will ask Monday.

Diet will be: 3 - 5 days clear liquids (water, sugar free jello, low fat broth, etc.)

1 week  full liquids (cream soups, V8, sugar free puddling, protien shake) 

1 - 3 weeks puree foods (mash potatos, cottage cheese, scrambled egg, pureed meats & veggies).

After a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks after surgery I can start eating soft cooked foods (boiled chicked, well cooked veggies, etc.) My bariatric center does not recommend protien shakes. They want me to try to have 3 - 3 oz meals of protein a day, a few veggies and not much else for the first 6 to 12 months! Yikes! Well, lots and lots of water and vitamins too.

I am not sure what I have to do pre-op. I "think" liquids for 2 days and of course nothing 12 hours before the surgery.

How long have you had the Lap Band? What was your weight before and now? How much more do you have to lose?
missnanajean
on 11/7/09 8:27 pm - Friendswood, TX
I'm now 3 days postop band to RNY and doing good. My Dr. only had me NPO at midnight preop. He said because the upper intestine clears in 8 hr.s Surgery was okay they gave me a pill preop for nausea that lasts 2 days(Amende). I had no nausea. Had a painpump for 2 days took that out last night. The terrible dry mouth and nose bothered me and the burning pain where the port was was the worst. No pain across my midriff where all the incisions are.just burning on the left side. I'm having no trouble with liquids warm cold nothing. Been very good with bathroom and walking every 2 hr.s and pain medicine and gasX. Today everything is getting back to normal and I'm sitting straight up writing this. I have slept in the recliner because my side burned too bad but will try the sofa or bed today.I have been coughing up old blood which the Dr. said is normal. I'm on clears for 1 week, I see why with the blood. Then if all looks good I go to anything I can smash with a fork for 4 weeks. Already have Thanksgiving planned using Mootopia milk and Fage yogurt for pumpkin pudding dessert (both high protein),sweet potato and ground fine turkey and gravy. Spaced out of course. Suggestions take extra pillows and stepstool kiddie kind to get up and out of SUV so you don't have to strain. I didnot lose anything with the band but also found I have a fluid retension problem which is part of the problem. Preop wt. 255 hope to go to 140. Dr. says I will lose wt. faster and more than most due to the fluid releasing as the fat goes away. I am not solid but saggy and fluid filled especially in my abdomen and arms. I also have osteoarthritis (need 2 new knees) and fibromyalgia,hypertension ,sleep apnea ,reflux(hiatal hernia fixed at surgery). Dr.s are very excited that alot of my problems will either be completely cured or eased by the bypass. Had AetnaPPO for both surgeries and not a problem with approval with either one. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Most Active