November Surgery! Anyone else?

Amy F.
on 10/26/09 2:54 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Hi there!  I am getting excited and nervous about my surgery date - November 17th!  I am in the midst of my pre-op diet - but more nervous about how things will progress after the surgery.  I know this is a fantastic choice for me - and would love to hear from anyone out there with November revision surgery as well!

I am going from a lap band to gastric bypass.

Thanks!
Amy

Dreamingirl80
on 10/26/09 12:41 pm - Shelton, WA
November 17th must be a great date! That is when I have my RNY revised to a DS! Good luck!

Amy F.
on 11/1/09 9:57 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Good luck!!! I know our surgeries will go great!

Amy

Misty T.
on 10/26/09 3:10 pm
Hello!
 My date is Nov 12, BUT, i am thinking of changing from RNY to the Sleeve, so the date may change.  Had lapband removed in April. I have since gained about 60 of the 100+ lbs lost...
Cant wait to get on with this!

Misty
One door closed, another one opened.  Ready to begin my second WLS journey on December 3. Hopefully second time around will be the right time around!

Amy F.
on 11/1/09 9:58 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
I completely agree - honestly I cannot stand the band (personal opinion).  I wish you all the best in your surgery - please keep in touch!

Amy

sdikeman
on 10/30/09 7:47 am
Nov. 13th is my date - Lap band to RNY! Very excited. What is your pre-op diet? I have my pre-op appt on Monday, but don't have a pre-op diet yet???? 
snedly318
on 10/31/09 3:35 pm - Mine Hill, NJ
November 24th.  Band over Bypass.  Original surgery in 8/2004.  Lost 116, regained 58.  Don't have a pre-op diet but that is a good idea....better than planning that LAST MEAL.  My surgery is two days before Thanksgiving.  My DH is having Thanksgiving for the family (for me) on the Saturday before Thanksgiving so that I can have Turkey.....we usually celebrate on the Saturday after with his folks this year it'll be a week early (this way he knows He'll get leftovers b/c if we wait till after my surgery he knows I won't allow it in the house!!!!  LOL).  Anyway, pre-op diet is a good game plan.

Snedly318
Amy F.
on 11/1/09 10:01 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Does your surgeon not require a pre-op diet?  Just curious - yes Thanksigiving will be interesting, but at least I will have had my surgery by then - I wish you the best of luck too:)!

Amy

Amy F.
on 11/1/09 9:55 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Fantastic news!!!  My pre-op diet is super low carb, then 24 hours prior to surgery only clear liquids.  You'll have to let me know what yours ends up being as well - I will be curious.

Keep in touch and let me know how things progress!

Amy

snedly318
on 11/1/09 10:06 am - Mine Hill, NJ
Actually just clear liquids the day before surgery.  I will go light eathing two days before the surgery.  I am really looking forward to not feeling hungry ALL THE TIME...........

Thanks!!!
Snedly318
Most Active