what should i tell my surgeon so he can consider me for a revision?

mskay
on 10/23/09 4:34 pm - chicago, IL
i went to see dr vitello about revision surgery at uic here in illinois.and he told me since i had a blood transfusion in september he want me to come back in a couple of months so he can see how my iron levels are. i was wondering is this his way of telling me he dont want to do a revision on me. he ask did i want a revision to lose the weight i gained because he doesnt think im that obese at 215lbs to have a revision. i want know what to ask or tell him when i return in december. because im not going to take off work again to be in his office for ten minutes,and to listen to him make excuses as to why i dont need a revision.
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/09 2:30 am - AZ
On October 23, 2009 at 11:34 PM Pacific Time, mskay wrote:
i went to see dr vitello about revision surgery at uic here in illinois.and he told me since i had a blood transfusion in september he want me to come back in a couple of months so he can see how my iron levels are. i was wondering is this his way of telling me he dont want to do a revision on me. he ask did i want a revision to lose the weight i gained because he doesnt think im that obese at 215lbs to have a revision. i want know what to ask or tell him when i return in december. because im not going to take off work again to be in his office for ten minutes,and to listen to him make excuses as to why i dont need a revision.

I'm not sure you would qualify for a revision under insurance with a 35 BMI.

What surgery type do you have now and what are you wanting to revise to?  Any comorbidities?

mskay
on 11/5/09 9:50 am - chicago, IL
Is my bmi too low im 215lbs now im sure any revision i get my body wont let  me get down pass 150lbs.by having that blood transfusion it was because of the iron situation in my body due to the bypass 9 1/2 years ago. also i have a sliding hetial hernia and fibroids. what comorbidities do i need to qualify maybe im having some and dont now they are. anyway some people dont lose weight when they get a revisions all the time. i really want them to correct my stomach so the food wont pass as quickly anymore i forgot what i was told thats called i think something has come loose for that to happen. another doctor there told me he can do a lapband over what i had. i really cant remember what else he said he can do but i changed from having him to the dr that told me im not as obese as other patients and he just want to watch me blood level (should have stayed with the first doc.) so i might try and get a referral from my pcp when i go next week. 
Most Active