Prayer requst for critical pt

JRinAZ
on 10/19/09 4:56 am - Layton, UT

passing on prayer request....

Many of you know Tess Boehm, one of our Canadian switch sisters.  She is back in Brazil with Dr. Marchesini having her 2nd revision. (DS, Plastics, revision, then this revision).  She is a major DS advocate in Canada and has started several not-for-profit groups there, some of which are getting laws changed to help DS be covered by their medical system!  They also help advise and counsel pre-op patients putting in many many hours of personal time.

This trip, Tess and her husband took a fellow Canadian friend "Brad", who was in desperate need of the DS.  Tess worked many months doing fundraisers for him and they are even sharing their hotel room in Brazil with Brad to make this trip possible for him.  A week after the surgeries, Tess is having major pain issues, but Brad is in critical condition in the ICU.  WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS and any PRAYER CHAINS you can activate ASAP PLEASE!!!

Below is the latest report from Dr. Marchesini on Brads condition (as of this morning)--------------------

Tests were done and the results have confirmed Pulmonary Thromboembolism
(Dimerus). He required mechanical ventilatory assistance and he will be intubated now. His prognosis is not good. He has also a renal shut down secondary to shock. In spite of improvement of his blood pressure his Creatinin is going up. He may need dialysis.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless whether you know Tess, me, Brad or who your surgeon was; these are our switch brothers and sisters and they NEED your prayers!  You do not need to reply to this email or to Tess, she has her hands full dealing with her own health and her concerns about Brad. 

I myself was in worse condition than Brad 2yrs ago, after a revision surgery, and your prayers and support saved my life, so I know we can do the same for him.  PLEASE, just take a moment out of your busy day and send up a healing, and comforting thought to your God asking him to please watch over and protect these people.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and please feel free to pass this on to your other groups, churches and friends.

Thank you in advance

Scott Jones - Tampa Fl.

prayers sent in their behalf,

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 10/19/09 9:20 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Oh Joyce,
I am so sorry this has happened .This is really sad. I will be praying for them both.  

Wendy
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

TheREALYorkiemom
on 10/20/09 7:19 am, edited 10/20/09 7:21 am - New York , NY
Tess & Brad are in my prayers

Teena A.
on 10/21/09 1:22 am - Mesquite, TX
I am definitely sending out prayers of support.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 10/21/09 2:33 am - Miami, FL
Praying for a speedy recovery and a safe return!
Sis'ta Thick-Bone from Sunny So. FL
Believing that God's intentions are for us to prosper. (I Corr. 2:9)

Nancy S.
on 10/22/09 2:30 am - Mesa, AZ
Brad and Tess are included in my daily prayers for healing and strength. G-d bless them.

Most Active