One Week Post Op Surgery Update

Teena A.
on 10/16/09 5:22 am - Mesquite, TX

Hello all of my gorgeous and handsome Obesity Help family.

I just thought I would write to update as today is one week since I had my gastro gastric fistula repaired and was revised to Distal Gastric Bypass from Proximal on October 9th.

I am doing so much better than I ever would have expected.

I have been off pain meds since I got home on Sunday Oct 11th.

I drove for the first time on Monday and have been every since.

I love my freedom.

I have more energy than I thought I would.

My energy level is not as high as it was before surgery, but it is pretty up there.

I do tend to wind down earlier than before.

I only have pain when I have to use my abdominal muscles (getting out of bed, getting out of a chair, getting in the shower, getting in and out of the car, etc).

Other than what I just listed above I have no pain what so ever.

I am however itching like crazy (worse than chicken pox) where my staples are and I know this is normal because my incision is healing.

I am taking Benadryl for the itching and am now able to use Neosporin on my incision per my surgeons nurse.

I have been following my surgeon’s guidelines all the way.

I have my follow up appointment on October 27, 2009 at 1:15 pm and that is when they will remove my staples.

Thank goodness.

I have been sipping my water, getting in my protein, taking my vitamins, walking, and resting.

I am so glad that I have a car, telephone, internet and cable or else I would run out of stuff to watch on regular TV and stuff to do.

A person can only rest for so long in their apartment before they go stir crazy.

I have not been online posting as much because I have arthritis and with the incision down my abdomen sitting up for long periods of time is difficult for right now.

I post when I can.

I wanted to thank you all that have been emailing and calling me.

I appreciate all of your concern and support.

You guys are the best.

As soon as I am my personal best I will update my profile with the surgery experience.

Please be patient with me in answering all of the emails that you have sent me.

I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous Friday.

Be kind to yourselves and one another.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

katies2angels
on 10/17/09 8:51 am
I'm so glad your on the road to recovery and feeling better.  Take care and rest.

Kathleen
Teena A.
on 10/21/09 12:41 am - Mesquite, TX
Kathleen,

Thank you.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mrdoores
on 10/19/09 2:38 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi Teena
Checking to see how you are feeling, ok I hope.  I hope you are not over doing it. Take you time and let your body heal.  But also continue to follow the doctor's guidelines.
Marianna 

Teena A.
on 10/21/09 12:40 am - Mesquite, TX
Marianna,

All is well.

No pain and down 29 pounds.

All is well.

Still following all of the doctors guidelines: Protein first, 64 oz of water a day, walking, and vitamin supplements.

Thank you for your concern.

Teena Adler

Most Active