Difficulty Finding Surgeons Who Do Revisions

Libby S.
on 10/14/09 7:47 am - Mobile, AL
  Hi All,  
I am investigating a Distal RNY, the Rose, and Lap over Bypass as revision options, but am having difficulty locating surgeons who are experienced in these procedures, especially in my area (Mobile, AL).    I called the group locally who is listed as a Bariatric Center of Excellence and when I asked about revisions, neither of the two different girls that I spoke with knew what I was talking about, so obviously that group doesn't do them on a regular basis !

Can anyone recommend a good surgeon for revisions, anywhere in the Mobile area or even within a hundred miles or so.  I don't mind driving within a few hours of me to find one.  The main thing is finding one with enough experience.  

At this point, I am leaning towards a Distal RNY, though I have not talked to anyone who has had this procedure as a revision.  

Any posts would be welcomed ! 

Thank you.

Libby
JRinAZ
on 10/14/09 9:02 am - Layton, UT
On October 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM Pacific Time, Libby S. wrote:
  Hi All,  
I am investigating a Distal RNY, the Rose, and Lap over Bypass as revision options, but am having difficulty locating surgeons who are experienced in these procedures, especially in my area (Mobile, AL).    I called the group locally who is listed as a Bariatric Center of Excellence and when I asked about revisions, neither of the two different girls that I spoke with knew what I was talking about, so obviously that group doesn't do them on a regular basis !

Can anyone recommend a good surgeon for revisions, anywhere in the Mobile area or even within a hundred miles or so.  I don't mind driving within a few hours of me to find one.  The main thing is finding one with enough experience.  

At this point, I am leaning towards a Distal RNY, though I have not talked to anyone who has had this procedure as a revision.  

Any posts would be welcomed ! 

Thank you.

Libby
Hi there Libby,
Have you tried posting on the Alabama state forum as well as the neighboring states?  Maybe call all the Bariatric programs familiar to you and ask them for referrals to someone specializing in revisions.

Good luck!  I was in the same boat a couple of years ago and after ruling out a band over my bypass, I was signed up for stomaphyx (1st attempt at same results as the Rose) when fate stepped in with a medical issue that resulted in my Extended Rny (similar to Distal).

I had a rough 1st year as a post-op but now I'm absolutely in love with life and balancing goal weight for the first time in my lfie!

Good luck & keep us posted!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active