5.5 weeks out and up 2lbs wth?

Satinysilke
on 10/13/09 2:17 am, edited 10/13/09 2:21 am - CA
Hi,

I'm sure you can imagine the terror I felt today when I stepped on the scale and saw a 2 lb gain.  I would have never imagined that I would ever see an increase in weight.  I'm not eating enough to gain any weight.  Even with Lapband I was not able to eat much more than 3.5oz just depending on what kind of day my band was having. 

My point is this.  My case is different from most here and exactly the same as others.  I started out at 451lbs and have already lost 145lbs.  I know how our bodies work, so I asked the PA at my last appointment what he thought my weight outcome would be. He said that he wasn't really sure since I had lost so much already.  He did mention that I was right on track at the time but as far as the long term, he just didn't know.  This is not very assuring.  I don't know what to expect and I have been through so much to get this weight off and have been through two major surgeries to get to this point and I'm not in this to fail. If this doesn't work I think I'm out of options but I have put my body through so much already.

Well thanks for letting me vent.  It's just going to be one of those days.   Any suggestions, advice or stories will be greatly appreciated.
~ Satinysilke~
RNY 9/1/09

Pretty Butterfly
on 10/13/09 10:32 pm
I am 6 weeks out and am 3lbs up. I made the mistake and bought a scale from Walmart on Monday. And guess what? I'm taking it back today.
The only difference is that I have started walking so i attribute my gain to that.

Are you exercising? Maybe you have gained some muscle. Is it that time of the month? We all know how that goes with the fluctuation in weight.

You have lost 145lbs so far and that is a TREMEMDOUS accomplishment.
Tammy M
on 10/14/09 4:24 am - Somers, CT
I guess some people can look at their weight every week and see progress while others need to only look every month - I suppose the journey down for some is a slant - level going down - others it's like a stair case - drop some - stay the same - drop , etc. If you aren't eating enough your body may hold onto what you're giving it so you might need to eat a little more, or it could be water retention if you have too much sodium, there could be a bunch of different reasons, you have to be the detective to figure it out. Do you use one of the programs that tracks your foods for you? Maybe try that? Talk to a nutrionist? It is frustrating - hope you figure it out soon and can continue on your journey - you've done amazing so far - congratulations!
Warm Regards - Tammy -
Lilypie - (dOEW)preview image

Satinysilke
on 10/14/09 4:48 am - CA

Hi Tammy,

I may try to get on the scale once a month but I think I will find it very disappointing still to have only lost 4lbs in a month so early out.  I don't know but I think I'm stressing out over this too much which is not good either.  

I track my intake on Fitday.com but have not done so everyday.  I do journal everything in my weight loss journal. 

Thanks for the help...  You all are great!

~ Satinysilke~
RNY 9/1/09

JRinAZ
on 10/14/09 8:45 am - Layton, UT
On October 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM Pacific Time, Satinysilke wrote:

Hi Tammy,

I may try to get on the scale once a month but I think I will find it very disappointing still to have only lost 4lbs in a month so early out.  I don't know but I think I'm stressing out over this too much which is not good either.  

I track my intake on Fitday.com but have not done so everyday.  I do journal everything in my weight loss journal. 

Thanks for the help...  You all are great!

Hiya Tammy!
I'd feel bummed if I only lost 4 lbs in a month too!  ....  Definitely need to analyze things though and see what may be slowing things down.  Medication?  Stress?  Dehydration?  etc.

As for the scale and when to weigh?  Whatever works for YOU!  I am paranoid of the scale and so I let long stretches go between weighing AND gained!  Denial can get all kinds of calories into my system!  We're all different but the best thing for me since my revision=  I weigh daily.  1st thing in the morning, butt neked and after my 'cough cough' moment in the potty!  My weight each morning sets my food agenda for each day.  Up a pound?  then it's salad for lunch with lots of lean protein the rest of the day.  Down a couple --then I might have something "off track" like a few french fries   (I'm at goal and working on maintenance).

Hang in there!   Attend support groups so your peeps can share their tips and cheer you on!

Weigh 2 go with the fitday.com tracking!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Teena A.
on 10/14/09 5:21 am - Mesquite, TX
I am sure that this weight gain is nothing to worry about.

I am sure that the weight loss will resume in no time at all.

Good luck.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Satinysilke
on 10/14/09 7:51 am - CA

Thanks Teena!

Good to see that you are doing well.   I am so happy for you!  How's it going so far?

~ Satinysilke~
RNY 9/1/09

Teena A.
on 10/14/09 9:11 am - Mesquite, TX
Things are going great.

No pain meds.

Scale has moved majorily since Sunday, but not saying anything until I go back to my follow up as I do not trust my home scale and his scale is the official one.

Following docs guidelines.

Sip sip sipping, walking, getting in protein, taking my vitamins, and staying active.

Life is great.

Thanks for asking.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Satinysilke
on 10/15/09 11:25 pm - CA
That's great Teena Take care!
~ Satinysilke~
RNY 9/1/09

Most Active