Laproscopic Revision?

n2livin
on 10/12/09 3:40 am - Lees Summit, MO
I had RNY 7 years ago.  I lost 180 lbs and never reached my goal.  I've gained 40 lbs and talked to my dr about revision.  He keeps having me come back every 6 months and because I'd only gained 2 lbs he did not want to do it.  I'm scheduling an appt with another bariatric surgeon at the same hospital.

I had my RNY done laproscopic and have had a tt which resulted in lots of scar tissue.  Because I know I scar and have two small children I prefer laproscopic.

Has anyone had revision done laproscopic?  What kind of revision did you recieve?

Thanks
Tjay
emjayel56
on 10/12/09 6:17 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
I had 4 surgeries.  A lapb and in 2001, a hernia hernia repair in 2005, a new lap band in Feb 09 and finally a revision to bypass 6 weeks ago.  All were laparascopically and there was a lot of scar tissue.   It's important to have a surgeon that is experienced in revisions.  Good luck.
maryjo
djrjdr
on 10/15/09 8:25 am - Neillsville, WI
I HAD A BYPASS DONE SEVERAL YEARS AGO...LOST 130 LBS. LBS. AND HAVE  SINCE BEEN STRUGGLING TO NOT GAIN... WHICH HAS BEEN A LOSING BATTLE, BECAUSE I REGAINED 3/4 OF THE WT BACK OVER THE YEARS AND MUCH MORE CAUSE IT HAS BEEN FOREVER TRYING TO LOSE... I RECENTLY STARTED TO SEEK A REVISION AND AM NOT GETTING TO FAR...  I WISH YOU LOTS OF LUCK...HOPEFULLY YOU GET AN EXPERIENCED REVISION DOC.
Amanda S.
on 10/15/09 4:12 pm - New York, NY
The DS has helped a lot for me. But I am a newbie. 

Lap DS 9/21/09
2-1/2

124LBS GONE!! LOOK AT ME!!

Most Active