pre op B.S please tell me

JROLFSON
on 10/13/09 1:22 am - St. George, UT
Just wanted to tap in for a second and say that nutrition classes and a psych eval are very minor and easy parts of your journey...It's best to just do it and get it over with...Psych evals are usually only an hour the nutrition classes just a little longer...If that is what your insurance requires most surgeons have someone they work with who normally sees things in the patients favor, unless the insurance have a particular person for you to see...

There are many options for revision but I want you to know that the VSG which has proved to be a great tool for many also comes with it's drawbacks and one of those is you can stretch the stomach out once again and consume larger and larger amounts of food somewhat like the RNY pouch...And the Grehlin Theory (hunger hormone) is not a proven theory....Never has been proven so you have to be a little skeptical on that...When the physicians can tell me that the absence of GREHLIN significantly decreases your hunger, and prove it, I will believe it...Also, as a human being our bodies have a way of compensating for it...We begin to learn how to become hungry again, why I don't know, but we do...

Personally I feel that when you have work done on the stomach it creates trauma, swelling, and surgery of course makes a smaller stomach...and possibly the absence of some Grehlin may help you to eat less...But I have heard of many VSG failures, just like RNY's...So you need to research it all and determine what is best for you...Do you need malabsorption or just restriction...You and your Surgeon will know best...

Good Luck with your journey may you be successful whatever you choose.
Most Active