Dr. Greenbaum or Dr. Husted for RNY to DS??

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/09 7:09 am
Has anyone in Florida used either of the doctors? I know they both come highly recommended by people on the forum. Would like to meet someone in Florida who has gone through the RNY to DS surgery so we can talk. I have many questions and would love to hear their experience. I spend hours on the forum reading and educating myself but nothing like talking to some close to home.
wings
on 10/10/09 11:00 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Hi
I moved to Fort Myers Beach Florida 4-months ago with plans to have lap band to DS with Dr. Husted which of whom I lived closer to when I lived in Ohio. 

Due to the fact that I have waited over a year for his hospital to obtain their COE so my medicare would help pay for my revision and it does not look like it is going to happen this year or anytime soon, I looked for another doctor.

My second choice was Dr. Greenbaum which is now 20 hours away.  Both of these doctors are very similar in thier DS thinking and revision ways.  They are both very experienced with revisions.  You should talk to both of them for there is no charge for a phone consult.  You will know in your heart which one you find comfort in, then make your choice. 

For RNY to DS you want the best you can get and either of these two are very good choices.  I know I am lap band and you are RNY but if you need to talk I am here and we both are fighting the same battle. 

Good luck,
Wings
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/09 12:10 pm
Thank you for the reply.  I have a phone consult with Dr. Greenbaum on Thursday and I have attempted to contact Dr Husted office.  I have not heard back from him as of yet.  I have questions written down for asking Dr. Greenbaum.  They have mailed me a packet of forms, information, etc. and will hopefully get it Monday.  I know I need an UGI but not sure what other requirements he wants.  I have sent away for my surgery records and hopefully they will arive Monday as well.  Right now my bigest fear is the cost.  I'm sure I will be out of network or even worse denied, but one step at a time.  Again, thank you for the information and support.  hopefully we will talk again.
Terry
wings
on 10/10/09 9:06 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Dear Terry
Believe me, I know how hard it is to wait especially when you have regained from previous WLS and comorbidities have returned with a vengence.  I am just so sick of being fat and sick. 

I have to tell myself everyday to slow down, one day at a time.  Right now I am just focusing on doing all his requirements one at a time as fast as possible and completing paperwork asap as I recieve it. 

One thing that may help you is to call your insurance and find out what they require for revision and start on that asap.  Some insurances require nothing while others want a new psych eval, Nut eval, 6-mon Dr. supervised diet etc.  My insurance Medicare does not require the diet thing but they did have requirments I have already met. 

It is always good to be ahead of the game if you can.  If you contact your insurance and they do require some stuff that needs a doctors written order then you can call June or Tina and they will get that for you and faxed so when Dr. G calls you can tell him you are on it. 

Any insurance requirements you can get out of the way will be done for either Dr. Husted or Dr. Greenbaum.  Both these doctors know nothing about your insurance.  Tina is the one to ask for that or e-mail Ellen at Husted's office.  Both these gals are up on the insurance thing (its there specialty).

I hope that helps you somemore.  Feel free to PM at anytime. 
Love Carla
Most Active