WAY TO GO TEENA!

nannetteb
on 10/10/09 12:27 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Just my revision was a cake walk compared to my original surgery.  My revision was done laproscopically and my original surgery was open. The pain of the original one was undescribable.  I believe that's Teena's issue now...this surgery was open and her orginal was lap.  But she's a trooper but I encouraged her to make sure she could manage the pain at home without the morphine pump. Once you get home taking lortab or vicodin is like taking baby aspirin, it will not take the edge off of a really bad bout of pain.  Can you tell I hate pain.

Everyone be blessed.....

Nannette
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXZzQh0/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wXZzQh0/s-weight.png">>

JustLookingToo
on 10/10/09 12:37 pm - AL
 I had totally forgotten that her revision was going to be open surgery. My MGB was lap, too, and I don't remember having any pain at all other than bad shoulder pain. Maybe they'll keep her long enough to help her through the worst of the pain. I'm sure she's ready to get home to Nikko, but an extra day or two in the hospital with good pain control could make a big difference, like you said. Glad to hear your revision was not too bad. Right now, with the denial and all, I'm wondering if I'll ever have my day. I get over the disappointment and get back to fighting by Monday morning, though.
mew6495
on 10/10/09 11:51 pm - MI
On October 10, 2009 at 7:37 PM Pacific Time, JustLookingToo wrote:
 I had totally forgotten that her revision was going to be open surgery. My MGB was lap, too, and I don't remember having any pain at all other than bad shoulder pain. Maybe they'll keep her long enough to help her through the worst of the pain. I'm sure she's ready to get home to Nikko, but an extra day or two in the hospital with good pain control could make a big difference, like you said. Glad to hear your revision was not too bad. Right now, with the denial and all, I'm wondering if I'll ever have my day. I get over the disappointment and get back to fighting by Monday morning, though.
 JustLookingToo,

You will get there just don't give up!  

My original RNY was open and so was my ERNY revision.  I did not have a problem at all with the open procedure on my revision at all.  I was actually amazed that it went so well.  I was out of the hospital in 24 hours.  Perhaps I was one of the lucky ones.  I think it has a lot to do with the person and the surgeon as well.  Some have higher pain tolerances and some surgeons technique can have an influence.  I was sent home with liquid loratab and it was awesome.  Knocked the pain right out so this might have a bit to do with my experience as well.  Some doctors still prescribe the pill form of vicadin and with our system not absorbing much, the pill gets through most of the system before it kicks in, therefore not having a great effect.  But the liquid loratab is vicadin but in liquid form with some Tylenol added.   I know if I should ever need a pain killer again this is what I am asking for!  

Don't give up the fight!  Take a break if you need but your persistence will pay off.

Good Luck.

wings
on 10/10/09 11:04 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
God is Great.
Yeah Teena you are on the losers bench. 

Wings
Most Active