lap band--->>Sleeve?

Bette B.
on 10/10/09 12:36 pm
I've thought about it. Can't find anyone in my area looking for one.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/09 12:58 pm - AZ
On October 10, 2009 at 7:36 PM Pacific Time, Bette B. wrote:
I've thought about it. Can't find anyone in my area looking for one.

There are many other options, I declined a job.  Maybe you will want it?

See your PMs.

USAF Wife
on 10/10/09 11:21 am
Pick me, Pick me. I revised to the sleeve from the band.

Lapband was put in October 1, 2008, revised to the sleeve June 3, 2009. Best decision I ever made by getting that god-forsaken band out of my body.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Karen R.
on 10/10/09 11:42 am - Gering, NE
Hi tiffany,
can you pm me why you changed and what all happened?

On the road again....so glad to be on the road again.... 

USAF Wife
on 10/12/09 9:30 am
I had a flipped port from very early on with the lapband surgery (you can check out my blog for all the gory details), and my first surgeon would do nothing about it. I left his practice, and sought out a revision because I was tired of getting fills, getting food stuck, and sliming all the time. My quality of life was deplorable to say the least. I was at a pain level of 6-8 on a daily basis, couldn't bend over my washing machine, couldn't work out because I would end up in excruciating pain.. I started gaining weight back because I could not get restriction, my husband deployed unexpectedly, and least to say I was highly stressed and close to depressed because I felt like I was failing miserably. The band did nothing but destroy my stomach tissue because the flipped port actually moved, and caused the tubing to pull on my band. It caused tons of adhesions and scar tissue around the band, the tubing and the port incision.

My husband is active duty Air Force and I found out that our neighboring base (Eglin AFB) close to us does perform the sleeve. So, I got a referral, left my first surgeon's practice (he was a civilian), and started the process of a revision. The lapband was horrible for me. I lost 25-27lbs the first 3 months or so but started gaining it back when the first surgeon couldn't access my port even under fluoro.

I went for my consult on the sleeve revision was approved and scheduled for June 3rd.

Now, I did have a leak because my stomach tissue was so damaged from the lapband.  But it was repaired, and today at 4.5 months out I am 84 pounds lighter.

The sleeve and lapband are like night and day. Immediate restriction with the sleeve, no fills or unfills. I can eat anything I want, but I do stay clear of bread and other carbs just because it's so filling. I only take 2 chewable adult gummy vitamins, and a calcium supplement. I also take Prilosec 20mg once daily for acid reflux, but will start weaning off of it in December to see if my acid reflux has resolved.

I chose the sleeve because I am a volume eater and knew that I could be successful with just a restrictive procedure. I didn't need malabsorption nor did I want to deal with the regain stats of the RNY.

I started at 263, and weighed in yesterday at 179. I stand a mere 5'2", and have a medium to large bone structure. My goal weight is set at 150 but I'm thinking I'll surpass that goal.  My starting BMI was 48, and today my BMI is 32.7 still obese, but well on my way to being just overweight and then onto average weight.

If you have any questions or need to chat, please feel free to shoot me a message here. I don't log on but once or twice a week, so if it may take me a couple of days to reply.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active