LOSING TO MUCH WEIGHT

TABITHA39
on 10/7/09 11:00 pm
I HAVIG A REVISION FROM VERTICAL BANDED GASTROPLASTY TO RY BECAUSE I HAVE STENOSIS AROUND MY BAND WHICH IN RETURNS MAKES ME VOMIT SEVERAL TIMES A DAY.   IM 165 POUNDS RIGHT NOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOE ME TO LOSE TO MUCH WEIGHT. MY BMI IS 25

Zee Starrlite
on 10/8/09 4:53 am
Sounds like you need to speak to your surgeon ASAP.  You had a VBG and converted to an RNY and your surgeon kept the same band that gave you stenosis for your RNY and that was the problem that he went in to correct???  It will never make sense to vomit several times per day.  The least of my worries would be losing too much weight if I were vomiting several times daily.

VOMITING DAILY IS NOT NORMAL NO HOW, NO WAY.  YOU NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM.

Good Luck,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

LisaAnn
on 10/10/09 8:19 am - WA
I am not sure how that would work, but it is something I would definitely speak to your surgeon about. You are beginning at a pretty low BMI, so you would not want to lose too much.

I do feel your pain on the VBG and vomitting daily issue however! I lived with the same thing for 3 years. I had my VBG to DS revision one month ago, and can EAT! No more vomitting! I can take huge pills, and eat meat. I cannot tell you how amazing life has been since!

Have you thought of getting the VSG (sleeve) in place of the VBG? That sounds like a better solution with your current BMI.

Good luck with you!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active