vsg revision and does anybody have Dr. Gagners new address

r11741
on 10/7/09 7:59 am - holbrook, NY
has anybody had their sleeve tightned?  If so how do they do the surgery.  Is it laproscopic like the first time?  I'm looking into this and Dr. Gagner who did my surgery told me to get an upper GI series.  Also anybody have his new address and phone numbe in New York
thafatchick
on 10/7/09 12:12 pm
 Dr. Gagner is MIA (missing in action) for the time being.   Maybe he will show up in a few months. 

[email protected]  

I think that is his email address.  
ThaFatChick
emjayel56
on 10/8/09 11:19 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
He has not annouced where he is practicing in NY; i had one of his last surgeries in FL last May and I needed a revision but had to go elsewhere for it.  good luck
~~Sami~~ *.
on 10/8/09 2:06 pm - Jacksonville, FL
He was going to announce over the summer and never did. 

Honestly, I would reconsider just a sleeve tightening.  I'd add in some sort of malabsorption like a DS with a long CC.  JMHO. :) 

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

susang
on 10/8/09 11:26 pm - CA
I also spoke with my surgeon about something like this as my stomach is shaped like an hour glass now not the banana. He ordered an upper GI also which will be in a few weeks.Then he said he would discuss what could be done. I also contacted dr husted who advertises here but never heard back. My understanding which is very limited, is that a vsg revision to vsg is riskier because the staple line is disrupted and more chance for a leak and the stomach is actually quite small already....I am still looking into this. I only know of 2 people that had vsg revisions but I have not been able to contact them:( One person had told me her surgeon said the revision was not a problem?? So I am just not sure but when I find out more I will let you know:)
Most Active