My Success

Teena A.
on 10/6/09 8:54 am, edited 10/6/09 9:13 am - Mesquite, TX
Well it is officially getting down to the wire now.

Tomorrow I go to see Dr. Provost at 2 pm for my pre surgery appointment and then after that I have to go to the hospital to do registration and admitting paperwork and blood work and chest X-Ray.

I now have 2 days and 65 hours til my gastro gastric fistula and revision to Distal Gastric Bypass.

My nerves are fine.

I am not scared or nervous or freaked out or anything.

I am not shocked by my non reaction.

Like I said the other day I am just hella ready to be on the hospital bed, IV’d up, leg compression cuffs on, and pain pump in hand.

I am ready to get my life back on track.

I have had so many issues related to the gastro gastric fistula like pain, vomiting, and the weight gain that has in turned caused things to snowball for me.

The weight gain has caused my depression to get worse, my high blood pressure to come back, and for my anxiety to get worse.

My life has basically been on hold for the last six months due to having no insurance to even be able to get this issue resolved.

When the opportunity aroused to get insurance back I jumped at it and moved mountains to be able to get things repaired and revised.

This is my pay off.

I deserve this because I worked my ass off for it and it was not given to me on a silver platter.

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." Conrad Hilton

I take nothing in this world for granted anymore as it can always be easily taken away.

I was on cloud nine for years and lived the good life and was a WLS success for years and just took for granted that so far out in this game that I could not get any complications.

I was wrong.

I now am going into this repair and revision with my eyes opened wider than they ever were before.

I will follow my surgeon’s rules as I did the first time.

I will follow a low carb/low fat plan as I did the first time.

I will work out at least3-4 times a week to start out.

Last time because I was a personal trainer I was working out 6 days a week with only one day off.

I do plan to get re-certified again and train again, but I have to start off with baby steps and build back
up to where I was so that my goal does not seem to overwhelming that I set myself up for failure.

My personal belief is that you are only a failure when you give up and there is no way in hell that I will ever give up on myself.

If I am not a firm believer in my capabilities in this world then no one else is.

I will take all of my vitamin supplements that I will have to take for life everyday as I do not have the luxury not to due to my malabsorption.

I will also follow up with my surgeon for life or until he stops practicing and then if that happens I will find another Bariatric Surgeon to follow as this is serious business and nothing to play around with.

I will follow up with the trends regarding WLS as there are new things that will come up in the future that may affect me and I need to know about them.

I will continue to seek out support whether it be online, in person, WLS support group meetings or private therapy, etc.

I like going to WLS support group meetings because there I can bond with people like me who get me and have been through similar experiences, but I for the most part do best with my one on one counseling sessions with my therapist.

After I lost all of my weight and got to goal and then had all of my reconstructive surgery and starting living the life I had dreamt of all of my life I did something that a lot of people do and I never ever want to do again.

Some people say it is what you are suppose to do and that it how it is meant to happen, but I know differently based on my experiences.

What did I do?

I forgot where I came from.

Not in the sense that I forgot all the years of pain and abuse I suffered as a fat kid, teen, and adult or that I talked about or made fun of overweight people or acted like I never had WLS or ever had a weight problem.

I mean I forgot where I came from in the sense that I walked away from Obesity Help and other WLS support groups and friends I met through this WLS journey.

I walked away from the very places and people where I gained a lot of my WLS knowledge, support, inspiration, and motivation.

Basically I stopped paying it forward.

I walked away because I thought I was to busy living my new life to squeeze in some time for the very people that helped me get that new life I had gained.

Don’t get me wrong when I say I did all of the damn work myself with the help of my tool, but the support, inspiration, motivation, and information I received was paramount in me being able to get there.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana (1863-1952)

Along the way I will tweak my list and add additional goodies, but I know now going forward that what I listed above are always going to be key to my personal success.

“Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know myself, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms." Kahlil Gibran
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mew6495
on 10/6/09 11:02 am - MI
On October 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM Pacific Time, Teena A. wrote:
Well it is officially getting down to the wire now.

Tomorrow I go to see Dr. Provost at 2 pm for my pre surgery appointment and then after that I have to go to the hospital to do registration and admitting paperwork and blood work and chest X-Ray.

I now have 2 days and 65 hours til my gastro gastric fistula and revision to Distal Gastric Bypass.

My nerves are fine.

I am not scared or nervous or freaked out or anything.

I am not shocked by my non reaction.

Like I said the other day I am just hella ready to be on the hospital bed, IV’d up, leg compression cuffs on, and pain pump in hand.

I am ready to get my life back on track.

I have had so many issues related to the gastro gastric fistula like pain, vomiting, and the weight gain that has in turned caused things to snowball for me.

The weight gain has caused my depression to get worse, my high blood pressure to come back, and for my anxiety to get worse.

My life has basically been on hold for the last six months due to having no insurance to even be able to get this issue resolved.

When the opportunity aroused to get insurance back I jumped at it and moved mountains to be able to get things repaired and revised.

This is my pay off.

I deserve this because I worked my ass off for it and it was not given to me on a silver platter.

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." Conrad Hilton

I take nothing in this world for granted anymore as it can always be easily taken away.

I was on cloud nine for years and lived the good life and was a WLS success for years and just took for granted that so far out in this game that I could not get any complications.

I was wrong.

I now am going into this repair and revision with my eyes opened wider than they ever were before.

I will follow my surgeon’s rules as I did the first time.

I will follow a low carb/low fat plan as I did the first time.

I will work out at least3-4 times a week to start out.

Last time because I was a personal trainer I was working out 6 days a week with only one day off.

I do plan to get re-certified again and train again, but I have to start off with baby steps and build back
up to where I was so that my goal does not seem to overwhelming that I set myself up for failure.

My personal belief is that you are only a failure when you give up and there is no way in hell that I will ever give up on myself.

If I am not a firm believer in my capabilities in this world then no one else is.

I will take all of my vitamin supplements that I will have to take for life everyday as I do not have the luxury not to due to my malabsorption.

I will also follow up with my surgeon for life or until he stops practicing and then if that happens I will find another Bariatric Surgeon to follow as this is serious business and nothing to play around with.

I will follow up with the trends regarding WLS as there are new things that will come up in the future that may affect me and I need to know about them.

I will continue to seek out support whether it be online, in person, WLS support group meetings or private therapy, etc.

I like going to WLS support group meetings because there I can bond with people like me who get me and have been through similar experiences, but I for the most part do best with my one on one counseling sessions with my therapist.

After I lost all of my weight and got to goal and then had all of my reconstructive surgery and starting living the life I had dreamt of all of my life I did something that a lot of people do and I never ever want to do again.

Some people say it is what you are suppose to do and that it how it is meant to happen, but I know differently based on my experiences.

What did I do?

I forgot where I came from.

Not in the sense that I forgot all the years of pain and abuse I suffered as a fat kid, teen, and adult or that I talked about or made fun of overweight people or acted like I never had WLS or ever had a weight problem.

I mean I forgot where I came from in the sense that I walked away from Obesity Help and other WLS support groups and friends I met through this WLS journey.

I walked away from the very places and people where I gained a lot of my WLS knowledge, support, inspiration, and motivation.

Basically I stopped paying it forward.

I walked away because I thought I was to busy living my new life to squeeze in some time for the very people that helped me get that new life I had gained.

Don’t get me wrong when I say I did all of the damn work myself with the help of my tool, but the support, inspiration, motivation, and information I received was paramount in me being able to get there.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana (1863-1952)

Along the way I will tweak my list and add additional goodies, but I know now going forward that what I listed above are always going to be key to my personal success.

“Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know myself, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms." Kahlil Gibran
TEENA YOU ROCK!!!!!!

You're damned right...YOU DO DESERVE IT!  Go for it girl and you will never be disappointed in yourself as long as you know you are doing everything you can to make this work...  

You got it down...you know what to expect, you know the journey you want to take....now it is just a matter of time....Let's see...2 days and 14 hours I believe!   Let the adventure begin! 

Teena A.
on 10/6/09 11:17 am - Mesquite, TX
Mew,

YAY!

Thank you so much for your post.

I am so ready now and actually according to the countdown clock that I have (Time is weird on this thing) I now have 2 days and 62 hours left til surgery.

Click on the link below and you shall see how weird it is.

www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html

Girl this journey is all so clear and not as confused and blind as the first one.

I know step by step what it takes to work it out and be successful as I have done it before.

I am prepared for it to be a little slower than originally, but I am ready for the challenge.

You are so right.

Let the adventure begin.

Hope you are not working to hard at work.

Have an absolutely fabulous night.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

shele
on 10/7/09 1:19 am

Teena Teena Teena,

You have so much.... knowledge wisdom insight empowerment... YOU are awesome lady!

YOU absolutely deserve this.. I want you to book mark this post, and if things get you a little down after the surgery( hormones and such can play games when you are in the loosing mode)... I want you to have this easily accessible!

Great post!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Teena A.
on 10/7/09 10:37 am - Mesquite, TX
Shele,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

They mean a lot to me.

I have this saved on my blog.

I know when I am frustrated in a few weeks I will be going back and reading this.

Teena Adler

Most Active