ROSE Procedure

sodagal
on 10/14/09 6:07 am
Thanks for all the information! I was on here looking through all the posts on the Rose procedure and found a person *****ports for the Mommouth NJ area on the progress of ROSE patients they have had and it was all positive. 

I am not sure what to think anymore- Having the gastric the first time I lost over 178 pounds and have gained only 80 of it back.  Alot of it was due to my brain surgery in 2005.  I was happy at that weight and would love to be back there.  I was a size 14/16 and for me it was a good size.  I am now a 26/28 and am miserable.  I like what the ROSE promises me which is no incisions.  Unfortunately, after my brain surgery I developed a DVT (blood clot) and I am a high risk patient.  That is why the doctor said I would be a good candidate for this procedure- I am not a very mobile person-due to the brain surgery I can not excercise like I did with my gastric.  I hope that I can be the first to report happiness in this surgery!  Either way you'll be hearing from me.

T was on this site back in 2002 when I did my first gastric and it helped to have such a support tem here! I always looked forward to the feedback on my questions and to know there were people out there who understood what I was going through- I am so happy that this has not changed in the years I have been gone!!

Thanks & God Bless,
Teresa
JRinAZ
on 10/14/09 8:52 am - Layton, UT
Teresa,
You have had bigger hurdles than most of us have to ever deal with.  I wish you the very best and sincerely hope the ROSE is the answer for you!  I've heard a few "off site" positives.  You'll be in our prayers for a successful outcome!

Keep us posted, K?!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

sodagal
on 10/14/09 8:54 pm

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am hoping to be one of the "positives" on this site for it.  I will let everyone know my progress whether it be good, bad or just mediocre.

Thanks again!
Teresa

Bill A.
on 10/14/09 1:34 pm - So. Seaside Park, NJ
HI,
First, the Rose Procedure is not new. Had my Rose done in July 2008. I was a test patient and it did not cost me anything. They made my pouch much smaller with what they called anchors and also shrunk my stoma. Now for the bad news, I lost 25lbs in two months mostly because of liquid and soft food diet. When I got back on reguler food I started gaining back the 25. Is your insurance covering your Rose? I understand it cost $12,000 to $15,000. Wish you good luck and I am sorry I couldn't be more positve.
sodagal
on 10/14/09 8:51 pm
Hello-

I first want to thank you for letting me know your experience, it helps me to know what could happen to me too.  I am fortunate that I too am a test patient.  The cost I am paying is not as expensive as having it done by paying for it as an elective surgery.  The insurance WILL NOT cover it as of yet, by me doing this the doctor is hoping to gain some data from me through my journey.  I need to lose about 60-80 pounds and having a laproscopic revision would be good, however I have so many medical problems that this procedure will be more feasible for me to do at this point. I am suppose to find out my surgery date sometime today or tomorrow.
Most Active